cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dermott1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 30

£300 of unexplained Broadband charges and customer care will not connect me with a UK representative

Coming here as a last resort.  I have used BT for years and have a 45GB broadband package which suits me and my wife well, my average usage is 18GB per month.  Over the last two days (1st and 2nd of April) i have been informed I have made 301.12GB of broadband use.  This has caused me obvious concerns both as I never used the internet to this degree (we weren't present in the house on Sunday when we apparently used over 200GB of data) and concern over my internet safety.  The BT customer care call centres were no help in relaying my fears and I was told to wait until bill ends, when I have received over £300 of charges in two days.  I asked for a local UK representative to contact me but I was told repeatedly that they could not do this.  I am greatly concern both for my finance, personal internet information and how my internet profile may be used.  Can anybody help me?  This is obviously causing me great concern and I do not want this to go on all month.

0 Ratings
29 REPLIES 29
dpworth
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 30

Re: £300 of unexplained Broadband charges and customer care will not connect me with a UK representa

I'm sure one of he mods will see this and ask you to contact them. They did with my UAC issue and within 24hrs I was contacted by an english speaking operator who was 1000% more helpful than the previous overseas agents!

Hope you get it sorted

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 30

Re: £300 of unexplained Broadband charges and customer care will not connect me with a UK representa

I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post their contact link here
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 30

@dermott1 Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to look into this for you. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

I would also recommend that you ensure the wireless password on your Hub is secure, you can change it by following the guidance on this link

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
dermott1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 30

Password has been changed and took the step of unplugging router from last night so no internet was available for me (never mind anyone else) to use.  When I checked the usage today it had gone up drastically despite being unavailable to use... It now stands at 375GB over the 45GB tariff... That's around £700 in charges for a service I haven't made!  Very worried about this and the way the call centres brushed off my fears.  I really hope the mods will fix this for me soon.

0 Ratings
dermott1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 30

Thanks for this
0 Ratings
dermott1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 30

Thank you for forwarding this on
0 Ratings
dermott1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 30

Still no contact from UK Customer support.  Incredibly stressful and worrying.  Very poor customer service from BT.  Still my bill rises and there is nothing I can do about this.  Help

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 30

@dermott1Under ideal conditions, the moderators can normally deal within 48 hours, but they are running a bit behind at the moment as they are only a small team based in the UK. They will however take full ownership until any issues are resolved. They are a very good team.

I assume you did fill in the request form?

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 10 of 30

@dermott1 You're not far from the top of our queue, we'll be in touch shortly.

0 Ratings