Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gsw
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

32.52 Bill for data

Hi
My daughter was using the new BT sim on her phone using BT Home wifi
And apparently she has used 2gb allowed allowance plus 325mb of data with BT within 30 hours of start date.
There was NO warning text received adding all data allowance has been used

I received an email after 5 days saying I have used 80% of the Cap set
My question is why NO text to the handset was sent
Tags (3)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: 32.52 Bill for data

if your daughter was conencted to your home wifi then that would not use your 2gb mobile data so either an error or phone was not connected to wifi

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Gsw
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Ok I say may BT home router may have disconnected from BT fibre connection as it was installed just a day before this incident date
Why did BT not send a sms to warn that you are or have used all you data allowance
0 Ratings
mcronline
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

I routinely get messages to my phone as soon as I get to 80% data use. I always go near to the limit as much as possible to get my monies worth.

I would recommend reducing the limit of credit you are allowed to £5 on that line. It won't stop the issue but it will limit the amount of financial 'damage' going over can do. I have this cap set on both my lines. It is the minimum you can set it to.

In addition there are settings on most handsets to use mobile data when WiFi is unreliable or not there. I would disable or switch off this setting. Furthermore on my handset there is a toggle for mobile data which I use when on WiFi too as an additional safeguard so I dont have to worry about burning data by accident.

One last thing. Install the BT Mobile app and always check it when in doubt.

Good luck.
0 Ratings
Gsw
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

I.e the issue, we did not receive the 80% or 100% usage messages
I receive normal SMS all the time
0 Ratings