cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skint
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

£35 charge for install of second youview box

Hi Why do I have to pay £35 for someone to install my second Youview box when I already have it installed with cat6 cable and an RF feed works fine

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: £35 charge for install of second youview box

There was a earlier thread where a moderator  offered to look into this extra box charge on behalf of someone who wanted to do a self install of a second box. Unfortunately noone posted an update  as to what happened.

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/Forced-to-pay-35/m-p/1447326#M17773

In your case are both the Youview boxes supplied to you by BT ?

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

There are two different £35 one off charges.
A £35 BT TV activation fee and a £35 BT TV engineer installation fee.

The engineer installation is normally optional but BT seem to have started forcing it on people for the 2nd box, as discussed in the other thread. This seems unnecessary in many situations.

The activation fee is applicable to any new box. They sometimes reduce it or waive it altogether on certain offers. It doesn't apply to the replacement of faulty boxes.
0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 4 of 4

It was the £35 install charge for a second box that put me off getting multi room back at the start of February when I was renewing my contracts.

I looked into it before phoning them to renew all my contracts and never bothered asking about multi room when I was renewing.

I now have to Youview boxes the older BT Youview + box that BT gave me just over 14 months ago and the new BT G4 + box that I bought myself from Currys just over 5 weeks ago and im now using the G4 box for all the BT TV services that I have.

Darren

0 Ratings