cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beatrepeat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 91 of 128

Re: 36 hours of no authentication and now rubbish speeds

Just had fast call me up and gonna have to get bt to do further tests they are aware of this thread too.

I cant speak to bt to complain about it because I they wont speak to me as I only use their phone line for my isp. So the isp have to try and sort it with bt.

Surely with so many people having this problem bt would recognise there is something wrong??

2 weeks and still the same problems is rubbish to be honest all while im paying for a service I can barely use.

0 Ratings
Istanbul2005
Beginner
Message 92 of 128

Well, after the engineer not showing up for me on saturday they kindly rearranged a further appointment for me this afternoon.

I cut short a break away to be back in time and the engineers decided not to bother themselves showing up again.

Nice of them to notify me since they have my home number, mobile number and email address.

I phoned to complain AGAIN and have been told my case is escalated to some other department which is supposed to resolve things within 24 hours.

I can pretty much guarantee i will be back on here tomorrow telling you they didnt bother doing anything and i have cancelled my contract and got a virgin fibre optic connection instead.

0 Ratings
RonF
Aspiring Contributor
Message 93 of 128

From reading the posts in this thread it seems there was a total outage around the start of July, followed by dropped/slow connections. What I can't understand is that that BT must have logs of this failure, and must know the source of the problem.

Even if they admitted thay were having difficulty fixing it, I would respect them more for being honest about it, rather than the state of denial they seem to be in at the moment.

Tags (5)
0 Ratings
beatrepeat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 94 of 128

Yeah being left in the dark is pretty Sh*t tbh.

I cant understand how we all have this problem yet we have heard nothing back from bt about the source of it.

It pisses me off that bt themselves will not speak to me and im having to go through my isp who Im sure are doing their best to resolve it and dont need me ringing up and complaining every day.

0 Ratings
Wiggles22
Contributor
Message 95 of 128

Trust me, BT are of no help at all even if they are your ISP.  When you phone up you get through to some Indian call centre who just give you generic pre-prepared answers.

And when you try to complain to get some proper information out of them, they just say they will pass it on to thier engineers or BT whole sale or whoever they can pass the buck to.

0 Ratings
Wiggles22
Contributor
Message 96 of 128

Download speedachieved during the test was - 19 Kbps 

For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 1000-7150 Kbps. 

Additional Information: Your DSL Connection Rate :3616 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 1048 Kbps(UP-STREAM)

IP Profile for your line is - 2500 Kbps

After 2 weeks i still manage to get a record low!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
GaM
Message 97 of 128

I can beat that!!!

Download speedachieved during the test was - 18 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 1000-7150 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :3680 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 3291 Kbps

Stranmillis area, been this bad for days now Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
beatrepeat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 98 of 128

Dot a call from my isp today to say bt had just completed repair work in northern ireland and scotland and to monitor my speeds over the next 24 hours.

Well at the minute im still getting 70kbps I'l let you know if anything changes

0 Ratings
RonF
Aspiring Contributor
Message 99 of 128

Let's hope that's good news (and your speed increases) - I'll not know until I get home tonight.

One thought, though - if BT were carrying out repairs in NI, couldn't one of them have posted in this thread to let us know?

0 Ratings
beatrepeat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 100 of 128

Well just done another speed test and check the result i've just got...

Download speedachieved during the test was - 7 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 2000-21000 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :15096 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 440 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 13000 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 0.0:42.86:57.14 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.

The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes.

Rubbish, I'm not gonna hold my breath as other people on this forum have been told the same thing and still recieving rubbish speeds

0 Ratings