cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

39 DAYS NO TELEPHONE OR BROADBAND AFTER MOVING HOUSE

As surreal as it sounds, its been 39 days today 22/04/2014 without telephone or broadband at my home address since moving house. I moved house on 14/03/2014 and called BT Indian Services to arrange home move. The process was completed and I received a confirmation email stating my service would be up and running at my new address on 01/04/2014. On the day I got a text message from BT number 64364, notifying me that my service was up and running. I tried to dial 151 and 150 on the home phone but surprisingly I heard, Hello, welcome to Sky! This was annoying, so I called BT again. For the next 1hr 09mins I was stuck on the phone with an adviser who was accusing me of lying claiming my phone service was with BT. Bear in mind I was calling from my mobile, dialing an 0800800151 number. This was very annoying. She then said she was going to do a line test and get back to me, however she never rung me back.

I called again on 04/04/2014 chasing for an update on the results of the line tests and the solution. After another long mobile phonecall to an 0800 number, an engineer was booked to come out on 08/04/2014 to the property to investigate why my phone was still connected to Sky, and why I didn’t have broadband. However the engineer never turned up. I never received a phonecall from BT to explain why the engineer never turned up.

I rung again on 10/04/2014, and after rigorous line testing including unscrewing the wall phone socket, the problem wasn’t fixed. A second engineer was booked to come and investigate on 14/04/2014. As usual, no engineer turned up, no phone call from BT to say why.

For the next three days I kept calling but never got any sensible resolution. I then called Sky who confirmed the line was still registered with them because the previous occupants were with Sky. They gladly and helpfully gave me a MAC code so I could activate my BT broadband. I then called BT but they informed me they had everything they needed to activate my line. They informed me the line has a fault so an engineer was booked for the third time to come to the property on 14/04/2014. This time the engineer turned up but he didn’t do anything. He checked the phone line and confirmed that the line has a fault at the exchange, so he was going to do something to resolve this problem. However until today, nothing has been resolved. I have three months left on my contract with BT and quite frankly I have no intention of renewing this contract. I have no intention of even paying BT for the remainder of the contract and this is a battle I am willing to fight even in a court of law.

I contacted BT cancellations to arrange cancellation of my BT service but a helpful English advisor promised my service would be restored in two days. Today 22/04/2014, is day 39, nightmare without BT service, courtesy of poor BT customer service.  The outsourced customer service is cheap for BT but it will cost them a substantial customer base in the long run. The Indian customer advisors have no grasp or understanding, they ask the same thing several times, they don’t understand, and they speak like they are reading from a script. If I am released from this contract I WILL NEVER COME BACK TO BT !!

I have had several technical problems with BT broadband at my previous address which I overlooked. I spent a lot of hours of my time on the phone to BT technical help because my BT Homehub 3 wasn’t transferring my IP to my computer and other home gadgets. IN addition to that, it wasn’t picking the correct IP address. They send me three different hubs, but all of them had the same problem which they couldn’t resolve. I ended up downloading the BT Wifi app which connected well. On the whole, I have had a very nasty experience with BT and today, I have submitted my second complaint to BT. My next step is to complain to the Ombudsmen if I don’t get a response in two days.

To everyone who has had similar experiences with BT out there, please join me in shaming the outsourcing utility services customer services.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Message 2 of 10

Re: 39 DAYS NO TELEPHONE OR BROADBAND AFTER MOVING HOUSE

Hi Frustrated2014,

I'm really sorry about the problems with your BT service. Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details and I'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Just an update, last night I got home and heard BT had called and spoke to the wife, tested the telephone line its now working as it should. BT left a message with the wife that they would call back at 6pm. I waited for the call till 11pm but no one called, nothing new there because these are BT Standards. Broadband still not working !

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 10

Hi Frustrated2014,

Welcome and thanks for posting. Sorry you didn't get your call back. I can look into this for you. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile. Once I have the details we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

Hi Thanks. I completed that form yesterday, do I have to do it again today?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

This is the correct form, was it the one you filled in?

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Thats the one. One of the Mods, NeilO asked me to complete it and I did.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

@Frustrated2014 wrote:

Thats the one. One of the Mods, NeilO asked me to complete it and I did.

It will take 4-6 working days to get a reply, as you are now in a queue for assistance.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Re: 39 DAYS NO TELEPHONE OR BROADBAND AFTER MOVING HOUSE - UPDATE

UPDATE !!

Telephone was finally fixed after 41 days ; Broadband was fixed after 44 days. I found out I was using faulty broadband equipment, thats why the BT Homehub 3 wasnt able to transfer my IP address to all my gadgets and the reason we couldnt connect to the internet. The engineer picked up a fault with the broadband line at the exchnage, so he had to go and fix it there. Got absolutely no response from BT Complaints, not even an automated message to say we are dealing with your complaint ! I think I would knock up a very good story line which would qualify to be read on Watchdog so at least BT can make an official statement since I cant even compel their complaints department to respond. I will see what I can produce. Watch this space !!

Absolutely appalling customer service 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 10

Re: 39 DAYS NO TELEPHONE OR BROADBAND AFTER MOVING HOUSE - UPDATE

This is actually a common theme I'm running into, not just here but all over google. Everyone is screaming blue murder over activation/customer service.

I'm not very optomistic about my activation date on the 13th of may now.

Glad you got it sorted in the end though.

0 Ratings