cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

3D content now withdrawn from BT Vision

Having enjoyed 3D movies courtesy of BT Vision Box Office, and now a happy owner of the new Youview Box, I searched for any 3D content in the films/Box Office section and although HD films are listed, there are no 3D titles.

Does this mean no content or are we to expect it sometime soon?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Beginner
Message 2 of 7

Re: 3D content

After a lengthy call to BT Vision tech team, I have been informed that 3D content will no longer be available on BT Vision due to low demand. I was quite disappointed by this news. Seeing as a big percentage of new TV's are 3D capable, along with the Playstation 3 and even budget DVD players, the technology is taking off and it seems like a step backwards to me.

It was one of the reasons I signed up to BT Vision. Maybe if the films weren't so expensive to rent, more people would have rented them.

I do hope this decision is reversed sometime in the not too distant future.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Re: 3D content

I read a report not too long ago which said that Hollywood is starting to move away from 3D filming. Apparently there isn't the demand in cinemas for it that was originally thought. I for one don't see the need for 3D on a flat screen and the thought of sitting with a set of 3D glasses on in my living room doesn't appeal to me one bit. But each to their own Smiley Wink

Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Re: 3D content now withdrawn from BT Vision

I really liked BT 3d vision, when they changed their interface I just thought there wasn't any new 3d content? I am surprised they withdrew 3d, they were pitching against sky 3d? They take up maybe low but let's Camargue to get t back. Yes tech wise people will move to 4d super definition after a year but more and more people will find 3 d standard in their new tv sets
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

Yes even the BBC are going to stop offering 3D too as it has not had a good take up.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

3D is a fad that just hasn't caught on, the AV industry were hoping it would be the next 'HD' but that will be 4K sets when they are at a reasonable price and content is more widely available.
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 7

Sky are holding out at the moment, but at some stage they'll have to admit defeat too. If it doesn't make them money by pulling in new customers or retaining existing ones (over the huge production costs for 3D content) then eventually they'll have to let it go.

4K/8K has a lot more potential as people want bigger & bigger screens.

0 Ratings