is it not that 63 is the highest attenuation the 2700 will show and you may be 64 or 70 but still show 63. BT hubs show 63.5 as max even though your actual attenuation may be far higher
Mine used to be 864kbps, but I've had major works done to my line and currently on a temporary cable and I got onto High Level Complaints because I had a serious issue with my landline which BT are required by law to provide a clear landline. Im getting new poles and underground cable put in and am hoping to get just over 3mb sync on a 6dB margin, notice how my margin is 9dB at the moment. If you get another engineer out you can try asking him to change the line routing, such as swapping the E-side and D-side it helped me with stabibility.
just strangee how you both show 63 and even rayni67 shows 63 - that's more than a coincidence
many routers don't show anything above 63.5 HH3 may but never noticed any
Look if I post the Diagnostic Stats look at the attenuation:
DSL Diagnostics - Training History Physical Line 1 General Information
|DSL Line (Wire Pair):||Line 1 (inner pair)|
|Downstream Rate Cap:||8128 kbps|
|Downstream Atten. at 300kHz:||65.7 dB|
|Uncancelled Echo:||-16.4 dB||Ok|
|VCXO Frequency Offset:||-10.2 ppm||Ok|
|Final Rx Gain:||34.5 dB||Ok|
|Impulse Noise Comp. Tones:||0||Ok|
|Excessive Impulse Noise:||0||Ok|
|Impulse noise protection:||0.71|
|Delay of latency path:||4.00 ms|
so basic stats and the ones normally posted only show 63 but if you look deeper at the diagnostics then you get a more accurate figure?
So how come BT can't achieve the speeds I was getting for several years with Tiscali ?
The only reason I changed to BT was I started getting connection problems and Tiscali support was hopeless, *cough*.
you answered your own question - you were having connection problems before you moved and as everything is exactly the same apart from who you pay you are still having the same connection problems. Bt openreach are still the people trying to fix the same problem without success from what you describe
I changed to BT because Tiscali were telling me that I had to contact BT to sort out the problem, BT would'nt even talk to me as I had no dealing with BT whatsoever, it was up to Tiscali to contact BT.
I changed to BT because I was not getting anywhere with Tiscali support.
So I can only assume that as I was getting a 1250k ish connection before there is still something wrong with the line.