cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 41 of 73

Re: 4 months and still rubbish.....

Go to solution
look like things worked outby phoning then ??
Park_Ranger
Aspiring Expert
Message 42 of 73

Go to solution

Actually it's 50p more expensive, there's a £5.50 discount for 12 months.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 43 of 73

Go to solution

well worth the time and a free phone callSmiley Wink

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Park_Ranger
Aspiring Expert
Message 44 of 73

Go to solution

Back again, oh joy I hear you all say...................

Sort of gave up on anybody actually finding anything wrong with my line after several engineer visits, and being told the same old "Give it a few hours and it will speed up" blah.

Just getting used to the fact that the best connection I would get on a good day was 1000k with a profile of 750k, and a 350k profile on a bad day.

Well suprise suprise it did just "Speed up", all by itself after about 2 months, nobody did anything, as far as I'm aware, and it is now almost the same speed I was getting with Tiscali.

Hub............

1440.jpg

BT speed test..........................

test_1159.jpg

BT speed graph..................

graph.jpg

Original Tiscali speed graph............

tiscali.jpg

IF it stays at 1250k I'm ok with that, it's far better that the 350k I'm used to, I don't mind paying for services but I expect a bit more than 350k as I'm still paying full price for this service.

The Business hub has been good and not prone to resetting every day like the Home Hub. In fact the Business hub has never reset itself.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 73

Go to solution
Hi looking good could you post the hub specs just incase we can suggest any improvement's you may be able to make
0 Ratings
Park_Ranger
Aspiring Expert
Message 46 of 73

Go to solution

All gone, that didn't last...................

512.jpg

Back to 350k profile.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 47 of 73

Go to solution

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 48 of 73

Go to solution
Hi
It looks like your problem is possibly intermittent and is going to be hard to find you are going to need the mods help on this one here is the link to them http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951
0 Ratings
raymie67
Expert
Message 49 of 73

Go to solution

May be a long shot but next time you get an engineer about get the to give you the reading for the longitudional line balance, I have simiilar issues with flucuation speeds due to fluctuation noises, in my case bad weather is the main culprit and after about 6 years it may finally have been traced to one smallish section of cable where the balance reading at one end is 70 odd (decent) and nearer me 50db odd (bad).

For more details of this see http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Speed-Connection-Issues/Strange-broadband-effect-issue-suggestions-nee...

However don't get your hopes up, coudl well be that your balance is fine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Park_Ranger
Aspiring Expert
Message 50 of 73

Go to solution

Well had 3 or 4 engineers here, the last one checked the line up to the box near the pub, about 500 yards.

But then to go any further would mean lifting manhole covers and traffic lights (Well that's what he said).

I wouldn't mind if it maintained a 1000k profile, anything under that is pretty unusable.

And keep contacting the mods and getting more engineers out for them to run the same tests, and go off saying the same old thing seems pointless.

Actually getting a 1250k profile for 2 days seems like a fluke.

When my contract is up I think I'll change ISP's, I can pay a lot less for a crummy connection like this.

Just rebooted the hub earlier, now connected at 1344k, not high enough for a 1250k profile.

And it will take 2 days to get back up to 1000k profile (If it does), why does it need to take so long ?

0 Ratings