cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 25

4 weeks and no connection

My 87 year old father has recently moved house. On 15 December his Home Hub was connected so he is connected to the internet. His hub phone should have been connected on the same day but it wasn't AND IT STILL ISN'T!! He followed it up initially and since Christmas Eve I have taken over. Every time I ring the connections team they are very apologetic and say that it will be connected in 24-48 hours. More recently the issue has been escalated to IT Management then to a Level 2 Bridge something but still no service. I am at a loss as to what I can do to get this sorted.

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25

Re: 4 weeks and no connection

@icr 

Welcome to this user forum.

Can you explain what you mean about a hub phone, does he have the BT Digital Voice service?

What sort of broadband connection does he have?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 25

does your father now have digital voice which connects to the actual hub or still the older copper connection where phone connects to the phone socket in the wall?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 25

He has Fibre Broadband to the house. He assumed that he would have a 'normal' phone which plugged into his BT sockets but it transpires that he's going to have the VOIP service and has been sent a singular 'Hub Phone' by BT

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 25

then that pairs with the hub with the hub acting as a dect base station like a cordless phone   corded phone can be connected to phone socket on back of hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 25

So yes he is meant to be getting BT Digital Voice. The house is 18 months old and there are no copper wires,

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 25

He has a Smart Hub 2 - I can't see any socket  that a 'corded phone' can plug into?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 25

remove sticker 'for digital voice only'

did you pair the DV phone to the hub?

Message 9 of 25

@icr wrote:

He has a Smart Hub 2 - I can't see any socket  that a 'corded phone' can plug into?

It should show up on this picture in green.

Capture.JPG

If there is a nearby phone socket, then its possible to link that socket on the home hub, to the rest of the sockets in the house.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 25

@icr 

Sorry to chip in, 

Also have a look here: Digital Voice: How do I set up my service? | BT Help 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings