Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
theriddlerz
Contributor
Message 1 of 28

4g will be out in full by the time bT Infinity

think bt shood start to up there mark because if 4g arrives before fttc in the home bt will prob have a lot less customer there is all ready a massive discussion after bbc talk on there tech page and looking at the way home broadband is used at min there prob wont be any use for bb or line in the home by the time fttc has complete so

Will 4G be faster than home broadband?  http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/click_online/9672822.stm

Spoiler
Smiley Surprised
0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
quails
Contributor
Message 2 of 28

Re: 4g will be out in full by the time bT Infinity

And you'll get unlimited download on 4G for how much per month ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 28

And my second question !!!! do they throttle p2p

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 28

BT are passing over 10,000 homes a week. How is that a slow roll out?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 28

@Webby wrote:
BT are passing over 10,000 homes a week. How is that a slow roll out?

Probably because they passed his home 

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
harrjoa
Contributor
Message 6 of 28

Because 10,000 homes per week is 520,000 homes per year, which means to get the governments 85% target of homes by 2015, will still be waiting for another 37 years after that at the current rate of 10,000 homes per week. Simple maths.
0 Ratings
Pancho78
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 28

Very interesting watch! But the technology is still very young and expensive we won't even see the first gene of mobiles untill end of next year using 4g although I think apple are building it into the new iphone5 . But interms of pc use I think I my well be a way of before we see it sold and a lot longer than that before it can rival fibre for speed just look at how hard it is to get planning permishion to put up masts .
0 Ratings
D-ave
Expert
Message 8 of 28

@theriddlerz wrote:

think bt shood start to up there mark because if 4g arrives before fttc in the home bt will prob have a lot less customer there is all ready a massive discussion after bbc talk on there tech page and looking at the way home broadband is used at min there prob wont be any use for bb or line in the home by the time fttc has complete so

Will 4G be faster than home broadband?  http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/click_online/9672822.stm

Spoiler
Smiley Surprised

With average speeds of 5 - 6 Mbps, I can't somehow see 4G competing with Infinity on speed or price. I'd be very suspicious of predictions for higher than that (such as the experiments done in the video, standing next to the mast!). 😉

Good for mobile though.

0 Ratings
snape93
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 28

As I recall, 3G was going to be wonderful...  Infinity, on the other hand, in my case, has delivered exactly what it promised.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 28

@harrjoa wrote:
Because 10,000 homes per week is 520,000 homes per year, which means to get the governments 85% target of homes by 2015, will still be waiting for another 37 years after that at the current rate of 10,000 homes per week. Simple maths.

Seems I was wrong, they're passing over 80000 a week (that was the last figure that was released). They've since recruited ex forces communication workers to speed up the process. I would expect 100000 a week soon if it's not already at that now.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings