Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
D-ave
Expert
Message 11 of 28

Re: 4g will be out in full by the time bT Infinity

@Webby wrote:

@harrjoa wrote:
Because 10,000 homes per week is 520,000 homes per year, which means to get the governments 85% target of homes by 2015, will still be waiting for another 37 years after that at the current rate of 10,000 homes per week. Simple maths.

Seems I was wrong, they're passing over 80000 a week (that was the last figure that was released). They've since recruited ex forces communication workers to speed up the process. I would expect 100000 a week soon if it's not already at that now.

Yes, pretty much that. Last month's FTTP press release said 7 million homes could now get FTTC, 10 million by the end of 2012, 13 million by next year (overtaking VM) and 16 million (two thirds of premises) by the end of 2014, chopping a year off BT's original rollout schedule.

Government are going to have to stump up more cash though to get beyond the 67% fibre coverage as that's the point at which BT have said it becomes commercially uneconomical to continue, I think.

0 Ratings
harrjoa
Contributor
Message 12 of 28

The only way to force BT to meet that commitment would be to enforce by law that a certain percentage of houses have to have fibre broadband. I have no idea what BT are going to do about the final percentage of rural areas that need to get 2meg? Can Webby explain...
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 28

I would imagine either BET(broadband enabling technology) OR bonded lines. xDSL techonolgy isn't going to change much in terms of distance it can be provided provided at so you have to look towards either reducing the attenuation or bonding lines together.

It may be that they replace .5 gauge cable with .9 cable. I've seen one instance with a 12km line getting a 2.7meg sync on .9 gauge cable.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
harrjoa
Contributor
Message 14 of 28

Also depending on the exchange, some lines will only achieve a full maximum with the right router, like on longer lines it will tend to be the Business Hub that performs the best.  They need to do something about the SNR dropping at night on longer lines, because that can cause huge problems, which are very tricky to fix.  The only viable way I can see is switching everyone on longer lines on the exchange to business grade systems.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 28

Absolutely, routers play a huge part.

How much of that will be on the ISP is unknown. If OR can prove that a line gets 2meg at the NTE then I don't think the owness would be put on the ISP to provide a router that guarantees that.

Time will tell I guess!
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
theriddlerz
Contributor
Message 16 of 28

but bt have a habbit of blocking the full download speed from day 1 ive notticed ever has ordered the fttc to the cabent and not that many people have manged to go hier than 30 meg and there speed slows down from day 1

0 Ratings
theriddlerz
Contributor
Message 17 of 28

lol

0 Ratings
Highlighted
theriddlerz
Contributor
Message 18 of 28

bt dos because even low we are ment to have unlimited bb and wifi skype uses p2p and when im out side on wifi witch have to pay more for because there in home product that ment to be with option 3  free wifi when i try to use skype on btfon or open zone withc i have skype unlimted euro plain it dosnt even set up a call

0 Ratings
theriddlerz
Contributor
Message 19 of 28

usa is charging $49.00 dollers for unlimted 4g and calls and texts  so really ud think ours wood be norm like what we pay now for full is like 35 to 40 pounds but last few prices have ended up matching the usa price so prob be about 50 pound to £55

0 Ratings
theriddlerz
Contributor
Message 20 of 28

and thats t-moble

0 Ratings