Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 30

Re: 4mb to house, 2.8MB from test socket

Hello john46

Alarm is filtered, I only have a cordless phone so I thought some lin enoise on those was expected?

Thanks

Mike

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 30

as you are on adslmax do not reset your router very often otherwise your noise margin will increase, speed drop as will profile but when speed recovers your profile will take 3/5 days to recover

was there noise on quiet line test?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 30

with your connection speed of 3906 mb your IP Profile will be 3.00mb and your download speed will always be below this with your line attenuation the maximum connection speed for your line would be approx 4.8mb
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 30

Ok thanks, hub is plugged into UPS to avoid power cuts normally, slight noise on line but I only have a cordless phone.  Why is it one BT speed test show 2.8MB and the other is over 3.5MB (test done at the same time), how do I know which is correct?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 30

Thanks for the reply, I am still confused how one BT speed test shows 2.8MB and at a similiar time another shows 3.5MB, also, if my line is capable og 4.8MB please could you help or expalin how I would achieve that, it would mean I could actually stream iplayer etc at a watchable quality. Thanks in anticipation.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 30

Are you still connected to the test socket? Can you repost new adsl stats and run diagnostic test on btspeedtester and post the results as this give profile.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 30

Hello,

Now in test socket again, results from 

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

Rather excited by 7.15mb possibility, ADSL stats further down.

Many thanks

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 2.98 Mbps

0 Mbps7.15 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 2.98 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.6 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :4.03 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 3 Mbps

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 16:39:26
Downstream:3.938 Mbps
Upstream:448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):4.3 dB / 20.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):50.4 dB / 30.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up):18.9 dBm / 11.9 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):1043921 / 71
CRC Events (Down/Up):37481 / 53
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):59779 / 52
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):214165 / 12

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 30

sorry to burst your bubble but with your attenuation a conenction speed of 4.5/5mb would be expected on a good line with no noise.  from your stats you have a lot of crc/hec errors and error seconds which will get worse at night and may well reduce your downnload/throughput making webpages slow to load.

is quiet line test ok?  check this post for other ideas on interference 
http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/Poor-Broadband-speed/m-p/14217#M8397

Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 30

with your line attenuation you will never get 7.15mb with a perfect line you are likely to get around 4.8 mb maximum the speedtest and hub stats connection speeds are different were they done at the same time or did you restart the hub when you did the speed test ?
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 30

The speed test were done at the same time and nothing was turned off / reset / unplugged etc.

If the problem is on the line why is it 4MB to the house and 3MB approx in it? Sorry if this is a daft question.

Cheers

0 Ratings