Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 67

4od & 5 on demand not working on Youview box

Go to solution
Can somebody shed some some light on my problem please, I have eventually received my upgrade Youview box and all seemed to be ok until we tried to use the 4od player, which results in a blue screen with a message at the top saying programme will start in 2 mins - excep it doesn't the blue squares in the middle of the screen just keep sitting there doing nothing, I have also found that the 5 on demand won't load either, the ITV player, BBC, BT sport & extra channels all seem to be fine, The Youview box is a wired connection & I have infinity and have a stable 26ms ping, 35 Download speed and a 7.95 upload speed, all other items in the house I.e iPad, Samsung wirless smart TV all seem to be fine.
Any advice would be good, as my poorly housebound daughter is not a happy bunny.
Thanks
0 Ratings
66 REPLIES 66
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 67

Re: 4od & 5 on demand not working on Youview box

Go to solution

I am having similar problems with Demand 5 over the last few days.  I know it was working previous to this as my daughter watches Milkshake programs a lot.

Getting lots of timeout errors.  I have reset everything and it has had no effect.  BT TV on demand works fine, I haven't tried 4OD.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 67

Go to solution

I've had a bit of a play and it seems to work now and again.  I think the issue seems to be serving up the adverts.  There is often a long delay before they start.

Interestingly I jumped onto my NowTV box and the Demand 5 app is much quicker and server up the program without delay.  As a side note, there are no adverts when watching via the NowTV box but we are forced to sit through them before and during programs when watching via YouView.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 67

Go to solution

Hi,

I have the same problem with 4OD and Demand 5.

4OD I get as far as selecting a program but it won't start the adverts.

With Demand 5 it won't start the player.

Did a factory reset yesterday but its still the same.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 67

Go to solution

at home so just given both  4od and 5 on demand a go.

40d - did play but the adverts did appear to have an extented gap between them and the programme took longer than the countdown timer indicated to start but when it did it played oK.

5 on demand - gave an "Whoops!  Therre was an error connecting to the server (YVDS5-205) ,   Retry/Exit "   

when Retrying the Demand 5 menu  loaded - selected program and first advert started playing -- again an extended interval occured between the end of this advert and the start of the next (second) advert, and a long interval between second and third ads and an even longer interval between third and fourth advert then took over a minute to load the on demand program after the advert finished.

Personally I would say that with the advert delays neither viewing experience was as it should be.

Suspect it is an issue specific to these players and how they interface/select their adverts and nothing to do with the box itself.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 67

Go to solution
Zulu17, thanks for trying that. I'm seeing pretty much the same which confirms that the issue is not at my end.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 67

Go to solution

About the same with me, 4OD played a couple of seconds of an ad today but that's all I got, I even left it for a while to see if it would start.

Demand 5 still won't start the player.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 67

Go to solution
My 4od is having the same problems - getting stuck on the adverts for ages. It was working fine up until the beginning of this month. Seems to have coincided with the latest software update. Can anyone else confirm this? Any comments from BT?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 9 of 67

Go to solution
Hi all,

Can you advise if you have this problem after trying a reboot of the box?
Chris,
BT Mod Team.
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 67

Go to solution
4od is pretty much unusable for me too, the problem does seem to be the adverts, repeated pausing between ads, takes anything up to 10 mins to get to the start of the program, which if you are prepared to wait for it, plays ok, but as soon as you get to the ad break during the program, the problems start again. I'm not a fan of adverts, though will tolerate a couple of minutes at the start/during in a program, but it is getting a bit tedious when you have to wait an age for them to load. Resetting/restarting the box has not resolved the problem, and as all the other players seem to work fine, I think this is more likely a 4od problem, rather than a problem with the youview box itself. Funny how it only seems to have started happening in the last week or so though..... Maybe something to do with the recent updates?
0 Ratings