cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zaax
Message 1 of 9

5 days to fix a phone fault

A number of phones are out in the Kesgrave area (0147362) including my parenst and they have been told I won't be fixed until 13th. How can we / they get the money they / we  are spending on mobile phone calls back?  

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: 5 days to fix a phone fault

@zaax wrote:

A number of phones are out in the Kesgrave area (0147362) including my parenst and they have been told I won't be fixed until 13th. How can we / they get the money they / we  are spending on mobile phone calls back?  

I imagine when you say 5 days you have included the weekend in that, so possible 3 working days.

You might be able to claim a limited amount of compensation if it goes over X number of days, but I cannot see them re-embursing you the costs of mobile calls whilst nthis is going on. I could imagine the size of the bills .

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
plainview
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 9

You can't claim compensation, that is something you get when you are in an accident that isn't your fault or for people who are too lazy and ignorant to go out and do an honest day’s work so they just keep begging people and companies for what they perceive as being inconvenienced in the everyday pathetic little life.

You can however claim under the BT Customer Service Guarantee Scheme, basically BT have three working days to repair a fault. If for whatever reason they don't they will start to pay a daily line rental rebate until the day the fault is fixed.

If you have a call diversion to a mobile then instead of getting the daily line rental back you get £1 a day towards the cost of mobile calls.

jofeat
Message 4 of 9

Thanks for your post. Is the compensation for the line rental automatic or do we have to make a claim?  We have been without our land line for six day so far. Also phoning an 0800 number from a mobile costs an arm and a leg!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 9

Have a read of this , pages 9-10

http://www.btplc.com/Thegroup/RegulatoryandPublicaffairs/Codeofpractice/Consumercodeofpractice/BTRes...

I would imagine you have to claim

toekneem

(EASBF)

Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 9

@jofeat wrote:

Thanks for your post. Is the compensation for the line rental automatic or do we have to make a claim?  We have been without our land line for six day so far. Also phoning an 0800 number from a mobile costs an arm and a leg!

If you want to call bt repair from a mobile dial 0330 123 4151 its not a free call but would come out of any inclusive minutes you have on your mobile.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
jofeat
Message 7 of 9

many thanks
0 Ratings
jofeat
Message 8 of 9

so why don't BT make this number obvious to mobile phone customers?!! many thanks for posting

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 9

Certain networks  0800 is a free number. I'm on one

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings