cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wtemp
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

5 weeks and still no activation!

I'm not sure if anyone can help, but I don't know what else to do!

Our BT Infinity and TV package was supposed to start on March 4th, which was 5 weeks ago. It didn't, and we have had repeated "Activation dates" promised ever since, which fail to materialise.

The latest was that it was supposed to have been activated yesterday - April 7th, but it wasn't. I had spoke to a nice man at BT earlier in the week who had assured me that the case had been escalated, and it would definately be happening. I said that he must understand from my point of view that I didn't expect it to happen, since I had received so many assurances.

Each time, they blame Openreach, which to be honest is part of BT anyway.

Three weeks ago they said they had started a Bridge case, and this Monday, they said there was an Open flow problem. It's no good speeking niche jargon, I would just like then to explain in simple English what the problem is.

Previously, I was with TalkTalk (fibre 38mb), and had no problems. I only went to BT because I wanted 78mb and BT sport to watch the Moto GP.

When I previously left BT to go with TalkTalk, BT tried to put me off, saying how bad their customer service was, but the opposite proved true. They were great. I have to question BT's customer service though, because of the repeated failed promises.

As you maybe can tell, I'm quite frustrated, although I am always polite to the customer services person on the phone, as I know it's not their fault personally.

If anyone has any ideas as to what I could do to get then to sort my problem, I would be really grateful.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
wtemp
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: 5 weeks and still no activation!

I'm just on Chat to Customer services. They say the flow is activly progressing and the bridge case has been closed. What on earth does that mean to anyone who doesn't work at BT? I've now got a new date of 12th April ! I really don't believe that it will come about, as I've had so many dates like this.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

It will be an Openreach problem as they provide and maintain the network for ALL providers such as BT Sky Talk Talk and many others it could be caused by a lack of capacity at your fibre cabinet as when you move provider your existing space on the cabinet is given to the next person on the waiting list while you now move to the bottom of the list
0 Ratings
wtemp
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the reply John. If that's true about the cabinet, then I could be waiting ages!

@john46 wrote:
It will be an Openreach problem as they provide and maintain the network for ALL providers such as BT Sky Talk Talk and many others it could be caused by a lack of capacity at your fibre cabinet as when you move provider your existing space on the cabinet is given to the next person on the waiting list while you now move to the bottom of the list

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

not necessarily cabinets once full are normally upgrades fairly quickly only if the cabinet is completely full would there be a long wait as an additional cabinet with all its infrastructure would be needed
0 Ratings