cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 33

I have been on BT broadband for 7 days now, the fastest speed I have had according to BTs own speed checker is 58k. However Speedtest.net says I did have 1.03mb on the day of activation.

I spoke to the 'helpline' and they assured me that this is normal during the 10 day stabilisation period. Surely the speed should also go higher and not remain at such a low speed for the duration?

I have used the engineers test socket, I am connected wired via the homehub and it is still a pathetic speed.

If it is no better after the stabilisation period, what rights do I have?

Thanks

0 Ratings
32 REPLIES 32
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 33

Re: 58k!

Go to solution

welcome to the forum

if you are still in the 10 day training period it is very unlikely that Bt will do anything until training is over.  you cancelllation right terminated as soon as your line was activated.

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the adsl stats from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1) and run btspeedtester (MAC users may have problems) http://speedtester.bt.com and post the results .

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 33

Go to solution

Thanks for the welcome! I'd prefer not to be using the forum TBH!! 😞

ADSL Line Status Connection Information Line state: Connected Connection time: 0 days, 10:01:59

Downstream: 3.656 Mbps Upstream: 448 Kbps

ADSL Settings VPI/VCI: 0/38 Type: PPPoA Modulation: G.992.1 Annex A Latency type: Interleaved Noise margin (Down/Up): 14.6 dB / 25.0 dB Line attenuation (Down/Up): 24.3 dB / 12.0 dB Output power (Down/Up): 19.7 dBm / 12.1 dBm FEC Events (Down/Up): 802 / 8 CRC Events (Down/Up): 0 / 4 Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0 Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0 Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0 HEC Events (Down/Up): 0 / 4 Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 0 / 3

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1401450644.png

http://i56.tinypic.com/1zv3ers.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 33

Go to solution

are you still connected to the test socket?

your current connection speed is 3.6mb but the problem is your profile is only 135 instead of 3000 but this may well change during the 10 training period where the router will reset maybe often as the equipment at the exchange tries to find the best stable connection for your line

your connection time is only 10hrs is this due to hub resetting or was it you resetting?

your noise margin is also high at 14.6 as normal abou 6 but again this should adjust during the training.

really at the moment you need to just leave it until the training period is over before making changes and BT won't really help until training is complete

when all this completes and your line is ok then I would hope for an 8mb connection with your attenuation

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 5 of 33

Go to solution

Jolly,

Many thanks for your swift responses. I only started to get concerned because the speed doesnt seem to be increasing just getting slower!! Its only 10 hours connection because we had a power cut last night and the hub obviously reset when it came back on.

I will wait until Friday and see what happens.

Speak to you on Friday no doubt 😉

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 33

Go to solution

just run a few btspeedtesters and keep check of what is happening/not happening

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 7 of 33

Go to solution

is there a way to get all of the BT speedtesters? I have done a few

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 33

Go to solution

no I think the last one overwrites the previous one.

you just need to copy and paste everytime you run one and keep it on your system

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 9 of 33

Go to solution

I will post them on here then..

Download speedachieved during the test was - 80 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-250 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :3744 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 33

Go to solution

as good a place as anySmiley Wink

0 Ratings