cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Makokus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

5th day on 239 Kbps

This is my 5th consecutive day on 239 Kbps. Been asked to wait 10 days as I'm on what they call "line training period" but still think that leaving a customer with such a low speed for 10 days is unacceptable. Not calling BT's help desk in India as they do not want to handle the call (they left me waiting for 23 mins on my last call) so the only ting I can do is wait another 5 days and then they will probably accept that there's a fault. Horrendous customer service BT. Being charged premium rate for a service they are not providing. If someone wants to have a look here are my stats :

DSL Connection

Link Information

Uptime:2 days, 7:58:09
Modulation:G.992.5 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:321 / 239
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]:155.06 / 796.97
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:9.5 / 0.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:9.5 / 18.5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:19.5 / 37.0
Vendor ID (Local/Remote):TMMB / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):1 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote):0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):1 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down):0 / 0
CRC Errors (Up/Down):0 / 0
HEC Errors (Up/Down):0 / 0
Line Profile:

Fast

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Makokus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: 5th day on 239 Kbps

And these are the speedtester results : The Performance Tester is now testing Broadband connection. Your configured download throughput speed for this service is 135 k null The system is currently busy. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider...

This must be a joke

0 Ratings
IceZaroth
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Hiya sorry for delay in getting back to you, If you'd be so kind as to click this link: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

And on that page, ask them to reset your downstream SNR and also send them a link back to this post so they can see your slow down/up connection speed, after you send them this mail please allow 48 hours for them to check and get back to you as this is the usual lead time, as you can imagine they do get busy but will not over look your post.

Hope this Helps with your Current Speed Issue as you are already on ADSL2+ service.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’

Kindest Regards

IceZaroth

BT Community Helper

0 Ratings
reme8488
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

According to your stats (HH2?) you've been connected for just over 2 days.  If you have no line fault/noise issues then going by your stats you should have a much faster speed (higher sync rate).  The killer in your stats is your SNR margins which are horrendously high at 19.5db up & 37.0 db down. 

Unfortunately there's not a lot that you can do until you're out of the initial 10 day 'training' period.  If, after the 10 days are up & your stats stay the same I would seriously advise you to contact one of the mods here and ask them to look at your line with the possibility of having your SNR margins lowered.

Is there any noise on your line when making/taking calls? 

To contact the forum mods use the following link: 

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951  

Fill in as much detail into the form as you can and hopefully the mods will get you sorted out.

The mods changed their preferred method of contact recently and rather than the previous method which was forum.moderation.team@bt.com

Kind regards... Tom

BT Infinity2:
0 Ratings
IceZaroth
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

I dont find double posting to be of any further benefit unless i missed something reme9488

0 Ratings