cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grantgardiner
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

6 days without internet and counting

We signed up with BT when we moved to Aldershot last year, and the internet has been fine (31mb down etc using Smart hub 5). We lost Internet last Friday 25th November and reported it. Booked engineer. BT called on Saturday to report there were more reports so it was a fault with their retail systems and cancelled engineer. Every day without fail the BT status page says it will be fixed tomorrow evening. I am paying for a service that we are are not getting at all. They can find a fault but don't seem to be able to fix it. If only Virgin Media serviced this property, never had a problem with them. I sent them an email complaint but the call I received was a typical "we are committed to fixing.." fob off. It was supposed to be fixed Monday, then Tuesday, then Wednesday etc etc. Come on BT, get your act together!
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: 6 days without internet and counting

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.
Everyone posting here, are just BT customers like myself

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

Try the The broadband technical helpdesk 

Have you checked the BT Service Status?

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15036/%7E/service-update

See if your exchange code shows up on this page https://status.zen.co.uk/broadband/

This tends to give more info that the BT one, and may indicate what the problem is.

0 Ratings
grantgardiner
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Ho Keith,

"Ongoing problem

Reported Sat 26/11/2016 at 04:03 PM
Expected completion Thu 01/12/2016 at 06:00 PM
We're still working on the problem with the broadband service in your area. Check back later to see if it's been fixed."

This expected date started as Monday and changes daily to be the next day. My fault tracking shows the fault being with BT retail systems, rather than the exchange.

There is a little noise on the line but it isn't too bad.

Cheers

Grant
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Then its affecting more than one customer, and possibly other ISPs. There is not much you can do until the problem is resolved.

You can claim compensation once the fault is fixed.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9394/%7E/customer-service-guarantee

0 Ratings
grantgardiner
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

Well today they have closed my fault without it being fixed. Yes I have rebooted the modem, same problem. General faults still show there is a fault in our area. How can they close a fault without it actually being fixed?
0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

You wouldn't be in the GU11 1NJ area would you?

If so the cabinet was damaged and required a re shell (I presume vehicle impact),  fibre and copper to be reconnected (ongoing).

Re shell done & temp service is being restored awaiting power to be reconnected. Should be completed later today.

0 Ratings
grantgardiner
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

GU12 4FF area, not sure if they are connected?

Cheers
0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

If you enter your phone number HERE it will tell you which cab you are connected to.

The cab affected is cab 13.

0 Ratings
grantgardiner
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

Cabinet 95 then. Cheers.
0 Ratings
mhowy198135
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

Hi there

Any news on your internet working yet? Mine still down and the ongoing fix date changinf daily
0 Ratings