cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulaJB
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

7 calls and 3 engineers - but fault remains unresolved

I have had an intermittent issue with my phone line for over a month now – an unusably crackly line and broadband that cuts out every few minutes.

The 1st engineer identified a high voltage underground fault which he was unable to investigate because he was not an underground engineer.

The 2nd engineer confirmed a high voltage loop fault and replaced waterlogged crimps in the underground access point just outside my home. This repair worked for about a week.

By the time the 3rd engineer arrived, the intermittent fault was not in evidence and he could not even check for water damage in the same location because he was not an underground engineer.

Customer service around this issue is appalling. I have now had 7 conversations with customer services and complaints staff, and have taken two days off work to wait in for engineers for a fault that has already been identified by your own engineers as being outside my house.

My latest conversation with complaints staff has followed the same pattern as usual – a line test, a statement that my fault is likely to be an internal fault and the only solution offered being having to be at home for a weekday engineer visit. I have requested a call back from the advisor’s manager tomorrow, but have already been advised that this manager will only say the same and will definitely not be able to offer a weekend engineer appointment.

It is totally unacceptable that issue is taking so long to resolve and with so much disruption to my life. After all, I am the customer and continue to pay for a service that I am not receiving. I cannot afford to take another day off work, especially for a fault with a network that I am not responsible for and when the last engineer sent was not even qualified to investigate a known underground fault.

It is looking like the only option available to me is to close my BT account and make arrangements for an alternative provider. This is a very poor reward for being a loyal BT customer for many years and reflects extremely badly on BT’s reputation.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Havnalaff
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: 7 calls and 3 engineers - but fault remains unresolved

Another BT customer lost then. 

Spoiler
Woman Embarassed
0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 3 of 5

Hi @PaulaJB,

Welcome to the community forum and thank you for posting.

Having read your post I can understand your frustration and I'm sorry that repairing your fault has been so difficult. I would like to take a look at what is happening with your fault. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Please take up PaddyB's offer of help

Also changing providers will not solve your problem as they all use the same Openreach network unless you have a cable service in your area
0 Ratings
PaulaJB
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

I'm definitely taking up PaddyB's offer of help - I have my fingers crossed that he will be able to help and I won't need to take advantage of the cable service that I already know is available to me here.

0 Ratings