Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samjon1966
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

70mb at 6am but barely 5mb at 6pm

Go to solution
Can someone please help as this is driving me mad and I don't appear to be getting anywhere.

Always had a steady connection but now it's gone to pot as per the title of the post. Superfast and stable at 6am but intermittent and slow in the evenings.

Have been on the chat to India but without any success. A fault was raised and then closed without it being fixed.

Spoke to Ireland (I think) and they suggested sending a new home hub however that appears to be stuck at awaiting despatch.

Any suggestions on how to progress the fault would help my sanity. I have checked all the electrical equipment and there is nothing different between the mornings and evenings. Also checked via Ethernet and still the same issue.

I have also visually checked the cables and connections on the terminating box outside the property and the master socket and there is no damp, corrosion or damage.

Hope someone can assist.
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: 70mb at 6am but barely 5mb at 6pm

Go to solution
It sounds like network congestion which is outside both BT Retail and Openreach

It will already be being investigated by BT Wholesale as it will be affecting many users and service providers all you can do is wait I am afraid as neither Openreach or BT Retail have the tools to investigate it a new home hub will not solve the problem
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

It sounds like congestion. BT Wholesale should be aware of it and they will working to fix it. All you can do is wait.

If you run a speed test once when it is at full speed then again when it is congested this will be recorded.

Use this speed tester then scroll down the page and carry out the further diagnostics. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

0 Ratings
Samjon1966
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution
Thanks for the quick reply I will place a post on Facebook for our village and see if anyone else is experiencing the same problems.

How do I ensure that a fault is raised and not closed until this issue is resolved otherwise how do I know that BT Wholsale recognise that there is an problem.

Also does anyone know what the compensation process is as I don't think I should be paying a premium for a slow broadband service.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution
BT Wholesale monitor the network 24/7 you are unlikely to get any compensation as there is no actual loss of service this is the same with all service providers

the problem is beyond the street cabinet and exchange therefore outside of your provider and Openreach
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution
Can you use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down.

This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
0 Ratings
Samjon1966
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Is this what you are looking for?Advanced BB Test Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Samjon1966
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution
Groundhog day, back to 65mb at 6:30am.
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @Samjon1966 and welcome.

This certainly sounds like a congestion issue. Can you confirm which exchange you're connected to?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Samjon1966
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution
Loddiswell Exchange in Devon TQ7. Live just a couple hundred yards from it.

Hope that helps
0 Ratings