cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wizen
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

75% packet loss, unloadable websites and other connectivity issues...

Yesterday I experienced a 3 hour "outage" in which I couldn't get an IP address assigned to my router. And now today at roughly the same time i've got yet another issue with this shambolic ISP! I can't properly load any web pages, and my pings to bbc.co.uk show packet loss of more than 50%. The web pages that do load only do so very slowly, and very glitchily (they are not in their normal format). I've tried multiple dns servers, and a few router reboots... Still, nothing.

Once again I find myself posting to this forum from my mobile. Funnily enough, my 3G connection appears to be far more reliable than my landline!

I would post evidence of the massive packet loss and lagg spikes I'm currently receiving, but I'll have to wait until my "Infinity connection decides to start working again sometime tomorrow.

I could handle high pings to UK gaming servers. I could even tolerate the terrible routing. I could just about stomach the DLM cutting my otherwise stable 65Mb connection down to 54Mb... But this... This is a joke.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Wizen
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: 75% packet loss, unloadable websites and other connectivity issues...

I hope to find a clause in the T&C's that'll let me jump ship because this service definitely isn't as asvertised.. But that's probably just wishful thinking. Guess I'm just strapped in to 17 more months of this hell.
0 Ratings
Saibhy
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Same here bro, since couple of days my internet dies at 00:00am to about 02:30:am but today its been worse it would just not come back on! there is definatly problem with BT's side of the network as many people experiencing same problem, also when my internet is back on i get under 1mb speed.

Could you or someone who is good with ofcom and that open up a petition so we can sign and forward a complaint against bt.

0 Ratings
hifistud
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

You may or may not be aware that there was a serious problem in the UK overnight - and it affected both 3 and Vodafone as well as BT - fairly obviously caused by the horrendous weather and flooding.

0 Ratings