cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flamey
Contributor
Message 81 of 108

Re: 75mb to 3mb...

Yeah I couldn't think of any reason why it would, being at the cab, so the dlm issue could just be a very large co-incidence in my case as I noticed an engineer messing in the cab yesterday who has no doubt borked something adding more noise. It also added interleaving without dropping the line once or adjusting sync, very odd...

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 82 of 108

There is a vague entry on the BT status website as at 23:12 tonight:

Maintenance work on the broadband network

We are currently improving the broadband network. This may cause you to
experience a temporary loss of service.
If you are having problems connecting we apologise, please switch off your equipment, wait three minutes
before switching on your router, restart your computer and try to reconnect.

Estimated time to resolve: 09/08/2012 08:00hrs

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15036/~/service-update

Don't recall seeing this under planned maintenance.......

0 Ratings
Howl
Message 83 of 108

Another 'me too' reply. Bow, E3, Mile End exchange I think. Lost connection last night around midnight and it's been ~2Mbps downloads since then. Usually ~66Mbps.

0 Ratings
marbusmaj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 84 of 108

Re: 75mb to 3mb... Just installed and its pants!

I am on the Upton Park exchange I am I have had Bt Infity option 2 for a few months it was really good my line profile is 12-77.43 my speed had always been 74MB Dw/16MB up. Last night the I couldn't connected to the internet my lan ports state local network only The homehub 3 light all solid blue I reset the homehub and I check the speedtest and was shock to see that by download had drop to 3MB /16MB. This morning it was back to 74/16, came in from work and it was all over the place I did speed check with BT and it was back to 3MB /16MB. I put phoned BT and after telling them they ran a test state that the white modern was connecting at 74 / 19MB , and the problem lay with the homehub and the would sent me a new homehub the wireless side isn't working right at all too. SOmething about it will not hold the download speed or something.

0 Ratings
denty23
Aspiring Contributor
Message 85 of 108

@marbusmaj wrote:

I am on the Upton Park exchange I am I have had Bt Infity option 2 for a few months it was really good my line profile is 12-77.43 my speed had always been 74MB Dw/16MB up. Last night the I couldn't connected to the internet my lan ports state local network only The homehub 3 light all solid blue I reset the homehub and I check the speedtest and was shock to see that by download had drop to 3MB /16MB. This morning it was back to 74/16, came in from work and it was all over the place I did speed check with BT and it was back to 3MB /16MB. I put phoned BT and after telling them they ran a test state that the white modern was connecting at 74 / 19MB , and the problem lay with the homehub and the would sent me a new homehub the wireless side isn't working right at all too. SOmething about it will not hold the download speed or something.

I don't see how it can be a problem with your BtHomeHub when so many people are experencing the same problem, I only live 10 mins away from you and having the same problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
lfletch
Contributor
Message 86 of 108

is anyone also not on fastpath? i was on that and now im not and also 2meg speeds

0 Ratings
marbusmaj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 87 of 108

I am East London too Upton Park Exchange. That more less the reading I am getting but it has gone down from 77 to 3MB my IP profile is still 77.4Mbps but no change with the up. It looks like a fault somewhere. I put fault report last night and tracked the fault tonight and it states it a fault at BT retail servers. But when I contracted them I spoke to someone and they thought my homehub was at fault and sent me a new one.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 88 of 108

I have already flagged this thread to the forum mods they will post back here sometime tomorrow they will possibly ask you to contact themviai there link and may want screen shots of the full BT speedtest
0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 89 of 108

Here's one of mine.....

BT Infinity Speed Test Result 8-8-12 #2.JPG

0 Ratings
marbusmaj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 90 of 108

Now I have read this here it does look like it is a problem on they side. Reported it as a fault last night and I tracked the fault and today it says it is a Fault with BT Retail Servers what ever that is.
My homehub does have a problem with the wireless side anyway so I will see what happens when they sent me a new one. I doubt that problem by what been said on here.
0 Ratings