Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 101 of 250

Re: 80 / 20 uplift

@deathaxe wrote:

that has answered one question though the 80/20 price is £30 a year in charges more than 40/10 which then left all the ISP's time to decide if they wanted to offer it and at what price.

So the next question will it be free or will BT retail make a new Infinity 4 package and charge extra for it?

Only time will tell. 

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 102 of 250

Even if they did charge an extra £5 a month for it, it would be worth in my opinion but also there is being competitive against Virgin media.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 103 of 250

Unless its free i wont be paying for it.. my current 37mb does all i need it to.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 104 of 250

Will be a new product no question about that, i predict the following pricing £18 - £26 - £30 - £35

I highly doubt even as big as BT are that they will take a hit on profit, they already offer one of the most competitive offerings around but who knows, they might surprise us all.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 105 of 250

I would have no problem paying a little extra for it, but disappointed if they would insist a new contract would have to be started in order to get it. At the same time, I wouldn't complain if it was going to be a completely free upgrade (paying the same each month) with a renewed contract or even something that could be automatically activated if already a 40/10 customer 🙂

But it's playing these factors off against each other:

Little bit of extra cost and Shortened or Rolling contract

or

No Extra cost but longer/rolling contract

In line with the above thoughts, for those of us who have already been on an existing 18 month contract, is it not a little unreasonable though if they would ask another 18 month contact to be undertaken from the beginning just to switch to the 80/20 service? Maybe 6-12 months might be reasonable, but tied into another 18? Hmmm I'm not so sure.

I'm sure BT don't care but that's just my thoughts and I'm sure the thoughts of many others. If they're thinking this, I do think they need to think hard about that particular point - price vs contract etc.

Some concerning reading though from that release:

Charges for exceeding per CP allocated reasonable usage quota - Transaction £ Exc VAT - £0.50

Does this mean that on this service they have some intention to impose a download limit? And what is "reasonable usage quota" exactly and where is this outlined?

With our 80/20 product variant, you get a prioritisation rate that gives your end users double the network capacity during peak periods compared to end users on our 40/2 and 40/10 variants.

Is this simply a roundabout way of saying the speeds are effecitvely doubled, or is it saying that 80/20 users will get a better rate while 40/2 and 40/10 customers will face a speed drop during peak periods to (effectively) give the 80/20 customers their lost bandwidth?

We have introduced a large-scale volume offer which provides an 80/20 rental discount and 80/20 connection charge rebate over a two or three year period...

Two to three year period?! I hope this is not based on customer contract but instead something to do with the line rental for the company!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 106 of 250

They would be foolish as Talk Talk have announced they will offer 80/20 for an all in £43.30 a month against BT's current £45.50 inc for 40/10 inc anytime calls and line rental both have introductory discounts from those rates.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 107 of 250

ignore, too late 😛

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 108 of 250

TalkTalk are offering it for an extra £15 per month even though the wholesale cost is £3.05 over the 40/20 product. Cant see Infinity users getting it for nowt now (hope im wrong), round 73 to VM.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 109 of 250

For the moment we will just have to wait and see. B.T will want to keep customers with them evening if it is extending their contracts for another 18 months when people sign up for the 80mb.

That would be more beneficial to them rather than charging extra for the 80mb. Also, the 40mb package should be decreased if it's kept.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 110 of 250

Well the talktalk checker has been updated to reflect their new offering.

downstream line speed of 76.6Mbps and upstream line speed of 20Mbps

0 Ratings