Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Message 11 of 16

Re: 8mb broadband now won't go above 2mb

Go to solution

@desktopgaming wrote:

I wouldn't think they've been doing anything to the exchange, unless one of the hamsters that power it has died.

I live in a fairly rural area that will likely never see the wonder that is fibre optic.

I'm not talking about fibre optic here, I'm talking about remote software updates to some 20CN exchanges by BT Wholesale technical, which are done regularly, and to plan. (maybe) Only they know.  😉

Can't speak for the health of the hamster driving the treadmill.  😉

Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution
As we have said if you post back your hub stats in 3 days time as well as the BT speed test results and your IP Profile has not changed then we can put you in touch with the forum moderators who can arrange a manual reset of your profile meanwhile it is vital that the hub is not restarted for any reason as this will restart the timing period back to the start again
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

@john46 wrote:
As we have said it is vital that the hub is not restarted for any reason as this will restart the timing period back to the start again

I think we said this already .... if the OP doesn't get it now ..... he never will.

0 Ratings
desktopgaming
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

Emailed the mods, who did a line reset, back to 6.5mbps now.\o/

also sent a mini-lecture to customer services who had categorically told me that a line reset would not help, and were trying to send an engineer out and bill me £99+vat for the privilege when a line reset was all that was needed.  I knew it, you all knew it, so why the hell didn't customer services know?

ho hum...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution
Glad you have resolved it now post back any time if you need further help
0 Ratings
desktopgaming
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 16