cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

A 2nd Socket in the property.

as of now, i currently have one master socket on the wall in the kitchen ( open kitchen ) and i do not use Wifi, all my computers do not contain onboard wifi and everything is wired at all times, im asking this because im struggling to find answers 

am i able to have a 2nd socket installed in another room of the house? and if so how much does it cost? 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: A 2nd Socket in the property.

@Eradication 

Who provides your phone service?

Extension sockets are the responsibility of the customer.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

You can ask Openreach to come and see to this. They will raise a call out charge (£140.00) and a cost for each extra socket required (£75.00). So clearly it is better to do it yourself (you can buy kits, DIY store etc) or request someone else do it for you. My local free paper always caries adverts by 'retired telecoms engineers' who will do this type of work. And presumably not charge £140.00 call out. Please be aware also that not all types of broadband will allow connection through an extension socket.

Message 4 of 7

@Danathanwrote:

My local free paper always caries adverts by 'retired telecoms engineers' who will do this type of work. 

Indeed. Same in my area. Extension sockets should be a doddle for the BT and other similar telecoms pensioners.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

What are you trying to achieve by having another socket installed? I assume you want to move your home hub to a new location? 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

its just so i can have a second router and not drill 10s of meters of cables through the building lol 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

You can only have 1 router on your broadband line 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.