cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

A conspiracy of bad customer service with FAULTS

Having used BT for phone services for decades I cannot help but wonder if the very poor service we the public get is a result of deliberate action.

The unbelievable lack of understanding from the non UK call centre is beyond a joke. The appalling customer communications even from within the UK is sporadic, the phenomenal delays in getting faults fixed is staggering. Faults get closed by Openreach as fixed. Yet I thought I had a contract with BT who seem unable to even understand the problems that exist, let alone deal with them professionally.

Is the government and it’s regulator deliberately running it into the ground I wonder? Selling it off all those years ago might have been a good idea but constantly chopping it up into various sections that can’t control each other is madness!

Openreach now control most of the infrastructure, BT seems unable to offer anything beyond a billing service working from an inept ridged structure.

I and others should not have to make use of this forum, contact moderators, fill in on line forms, constantly ring 151, and wait hours, days and WEEKS to sort out service problems. It should take only ONE CALL to BT to report and sort a problem. BT should then make sure it’s fixed.

Instead they seem to have no idea what is even going on within their own system, perhaps because it’s not theirs anymore, well not that section anyway. BT Retail has no infrastructure! Madness!!

I would like to hear from others, am I alone in having to wait over a month to get faults fixed and having to constantly call to chase/reopen a fault?

Any thoughs?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- -
Wondering what went wrong with human communication?
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: A conspiracy of bad customer service with FAULTS

Hi if you check  one of your other threads on this board  you will see you have a reply from one of the forum mods 

Highlighted
Message 3 of 11

I sympathise entirely as I've spent the best part of an hour this morning trying to get my problem fixed via their 'customer services'. When I asked how I could make a complaint, I was given a snail mail address in Durham and told there was no e-mail addy to which I could write! I'm off now to a small business forum I know to see which other broadband providers people use as I'm seriously thinking of switching.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

jaynewynn

Hi and welcome to the forum if you would care to post the problem you are having then i am sure you can get all the help and advice in resolving your problem you will need
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 11

I would apply Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

The current situation is caused by a mixture of meddling by Ofcom, and cost-cutting by BT.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Ectophile wrote:
I would apply Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

The current situation is caused by a mixture of meddling by Ofcom, and cost-cutting by BT.

To call it stupidity would be very unfair to the stupid.

The regulator regulates, or at least claims to.

However BT owns and runs it's various businesses and is therefore responsible for it's demise or otherwise. Not the regulator and not government. Being forced to separate infrastructure does not excuse appalling customer service.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

HI mettauk
If you are unhappy with BT's service you have a choice move your supplier or do without or get the help that is available here to sort your problem out the choice is down to you
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 11

John46 you are completly missing the point. This is a fault and quality of service issue. BT is the UK's major service providor and owner/maintainer of the telecomes infrastructure in this country.

Telecoms is not a thing one buys and can chop and change even if there is an exaustive choice. I, like most people are tied into 12, 18 or 24 month contracts. If there is a fault, it is BT that fixes it (or not!) One cannot change retail suppliers in the middle of a fault, it would just delay it further.

Big corperate = poor service? Dont blame the regulator, it's trying to make it a more even playing field.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

mettauk
as you have previously been advised on of the forum mods has offered help to you i suggest you take up there offer they will get your problem resolved
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

@john46 wrote:
mettauk
as you have previously been advised on of the forum mods has offered help to you i suggest you take up there offer they will get your problem resolved

Dear John46

May I humbly remind you that BT is a company, it charges for its services.

That includes this forum, the mods, the call centre in India, et al.

The implication within this forum seems to be that dissatisfied customers can get the very nice forum moderators to help them out as if it was some sort of favour. Perhaps it is.  However, this is a business and I, like many others expect a reasonable level of service.

Not idiotic platitudes, manipulation, half truths and worst of all being fobbed off with "we are looking into this" yet never giving real answers to real questions like "When?" and "Why?"

So whatever your reasons are for trying to be helpful, unless you work for BT (4,500+ forum posts would imply a strong connection) there seems little point in regurgitating "contact the mods, they are really helpful"

I leave you with a thought, what happens to customers who do not use the web, or do not know about the forums? Or perhaps speak little English?

I am loosing a lot of money and good will while part of my home phone service is out of action. This is unacceptable, especially as it is not a physical problem, it "just" requires a technician to press a few buttons to correct an error in data integrity/number allocation AND it has happened again.

0 Ratings