cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JollyJed
Contributor
Message 1 of 36

A month has passed since our 'Major fault in the line' was reported. NOT FIXED YET?! (0.06mbps)

Hey guys,

A month has passed since i reported out internet to BT as we are getting 0.06mbps upload and it still hasnt been fixed. We were told it would be fixed on the 23rd, the 30th, the 3rd, the 5th, the 11th (today) and after calling today im told the 22nd which is disgusting. There are 6 people in this household that use it including 2 people who work from home on odd days of the week. We have been given no information what so ever on what the fault is otber then its underground and to be honest im sick of calling up and getting the aame answer!

What can we do in regards to conpensation etc? or how can we actually get BT to fix our internet without feeding us utter lies. 

Thankyou!

0 Ratings
35 REPLIES 35
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 36

Re: A month has passed since our 'Major fault in the line' was reported. NOT FIXED YET?! (0.06mbps)

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 3 of 36

Re: A month has passed since our 'Major fault in the line' was reported. NOT FIXED YET?! (0.06mbps)

Hi @JollyJed and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry it's taking so long to get this sorted. If it's an underground fault then depending on where it is there could be road closures etc to deal with which would mean further delays. I'll be happy to take a look at this for you. Can you drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
JollyJed
Contributor
Message 4 of 36

Hello mate, We were told traffic lights and the councils permission was needed but all of this was applied for and accepted, they told it would take 5 days. I believe we are just being lied to about the dates. Cheers

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
JollyJed
Contributor
Message 5 of 36

Just got off the phone once again and im being told it could take months to fix yet it has been a month allready which i find disgusting considering how important internet is in todays age. My father is having a major operation at the start on Febuary and will be working at home for the next 1-2 months and its impossible to work on the current internet so it is very important that this gets fixed. 

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 36

As a matter of interest, which BT Home hub do you have?

From a technical aspect, upload speed will be badly affected by interference on the line in the 25KHz to 138KHz frequency range.

This can be due to cable inbalance, or other cable fault. Sometime this can be heard on the phone as noise or hum.

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

On some home hubs it is possible to see the actual upload connection speed, ans associated noise margin.

That gives a better idea whether is actually interference, or simply DLM (Dynamic Line Management) which is restricting the upload speed.

0 Ratings
JollyJed
Contributor
Message 7 of 36

We scrapped our homehub 2.0 about 3 years ago after we were having constant problems and we now have a netgear router, theres been 4 different engineers to our house so id assume they would find a fault if there was one mate

0 Ratings
JollyJed
Contributor
Message 8 of 36

We received a leaflet through the post saying we can now get fibre optic and get speeds of 17-27mbps, upgrading to this is pointless until the actual line is fixed isnt it?

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 36

Depends

If the line fault is between the cabinet and the exchange then yes it would make a difference, as your broadband is then supplied from the green cabinet, so the cable to the exchange from the cabinet is no longer used for broadband.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 36

@JollyJed wrote:

We scrapped our homehub 2.0 about 3 years ago after we were having constant problems and we now have a netgear router, theres been 4 different engineers to our house so id assume they would find a fault if there was one mate

Does the Netgear router provide ADSL connection statistics like connection speed, and noise margin?

0 Ratings