Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ukdotdave
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 19

Re: A real mystery that is getting me angrier by the day

Nope, no calls incoming or outgoing, just the downstream speed getting slower and slower and me getting more and more p****d off!!! Thanks for the heads up though!

Rang technical support again tonight, but had to ring off as I couldn't get through to them what the problem was.

£21.50 a month for this??? Its a joke

Dave

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 19

that last set of stats there was a big drop down to 352.  are you still connected direct to the master via a filter like before?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ukdotdave
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 19

Yes, everything is exactly as it was when you suggested waiting a few days to get the 135k up a bit?

ADSL stats tonight:

Line stateConnected
Connection time1 day, 2:48:55
Downstream352 Kbps
Upstream448 Kbps
Just dont know what to do now?
Dave
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 19

if you are connected direct to the test socket via a filter then there is not much more you can do.  I would contact the mods and ask for assistance - just complete the form  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ukdotdave
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 19

Well, still no response from the mods, and a further call to tech support last night resulted in this speedtest result today:

Download speedachieved during the test was - 102 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 200-1000 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :960 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 750 Kbps

There it is in black and white, acceptable range 200-1000 and my actual is 102

On the plus side, the IP profile is up a bit as is the adsl line connection, but still slow internet browsing!!

Can't even change suppliers as the guy at BT sales told me it would make no difference to my speed as they control the line, not the new supplier, so it would be pointless!!!

I give up!

Dave

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
ukdotdave
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 19

Scratch that, just managed to finally get into my email account and theres a response - many thanks, will keep an eye on it and let you know what happens

Regards

Dave

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
IceZaroth
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 19

Please also note the maximum connection speed your going to achieve on a good line is ... 1952kbps because you live so far from the exchange and your line attenuation is 63db on ADSLMAX Product

Kindest Regards

IceZaroth

BT Community Helper

0 Ratings
ukdotdave
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 19

Well, six days on and despite assurances from the mods that everything would be resolved and fixed following another call from tech support, guess what?

Download speedachieved during the test was - 120 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-250 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :256 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps

ADSL line status

Connection information

Line state Connected

Connection time 0 days, 10:00:23

Downstream 256 Kbps

Upstream 448 Kbps

ADSL settings

VPI/VCI

0/38

Type

PPPoA

Modulation

ITU-T G.992.1

Latency type

Interleaved

Noise margin (Down/Up)

6.9 dB / 15.0 dB

Line attenuation (Down/Up)

63.0 dB / 31.5 dB

Output power (Down/Up)

14.8 dBm / 12.1 dBm

Loss of Framing (Local)

Loss of Signal (Local)

Loss of Power (Local)

FEC Errors (Down/Up)

5928 / 1

CRC Errors (Down/Up)

47 / 2147480000

HEC Errors (Down/Up)

nil / 0

Error Seconds (Local)

Still a pathetic connection and now even the adsl line status has not got above whats here.

The router seems to be resetting itself daily, although tech support have admitted they are doing it to improve my IP profile, could a new router that is now being offered be the solution????

Very poor show considering my next door neighbour is getting a blistering 1952kbps constant speed.

Dave

P.S. Appreciate the note ICE, but as you can see, next door with BT too and no probs, getting great speed all the time. I'd kill at this rate for that as a max speed!!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 19

you certainly should have a better connection.  a new hub will eliminate one possible cause of the problem and at least you have someone trying to solve your problem

0 Ratings