cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mana
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

A woeful tale about trying to order BT Infinity

Hey guys, just need some advice but first the backstory.

I ordered BT infinity last year in August 2011 in my own house. There was an initial problem ordering as BT sales team stated that I was on an old type of account called a SMART account and that they needed to migrate me over to the new system before they could place the infinity order. After 10 days I got a phonecall saying that I could place the order and so I did. Infinity has been running for a year now with no problems.

Fast forward to June 2012. My dad, who lives in a separate building, roughly 5 miles away has Infinity available to him. Now my dad runs a business that has a lot of BT lines. The business is paying for my current BT infinity install.

On trying to order Bt infinity at his house, Bt sales team stated that he already has infinity on that line. My dad and then myself assured them that this wasn't the case. It seems somehow the Bt systems have become confused between my line and my dad's line.

Eventually we get hold of someone who is able to recognise the error and that these 2 lines are in separate buildings but that they are on the same account. This person then stated to me that my dad's line was on the old SMART system and needed to be transferred and that this would take 10 days and I would get a call back. 10 day later and no call back I decided to ring. They said that the request did not go through for whatever reason.

By now it was August 2012 and we were at our wits end. It was purely luck on getting through to a BT member of staff who wouldn't say "You already have Infinity on that line."

In a last ditch act of desperation my dad decided to cancel his line completely and reorder a new line. Start afresh and then order Infinity in other words. He then gets an email stating that BT equipment needs to be returned and that there is a £202 cancellation fee. He forwards the email to me and I instantly know that BT are trying to cancel MY line with infinity on it.

I ring up the support staff and cancel the cancellation order that was supposed to be going through on the 31st August.

Today i just rang up and tried to order BT infinity on my dad's line only to hear "That line already has Infinity." I asked for the name and address of someone that I could complain to and the lady stated she was not authorised to give that information out.

Any advice. I wish to complain to BT but it is very difficult to get an email of someone higher up. I know that on these forums people have emailed direct to the CEO and that he/she has his own support team to deal with these complaints.

Thanks in advance.

tldr: need the contact details to complaing to BT about terrible service in simply trying to order BT Infinity.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: A woeful tale about trying to order BT Infinity

you need to contact business sales to sort this out as this forum is for residential customers only this is a link to the business forum http://business.forums.bt.com/t5/Broadband-and-internet/bd-p/Broadband
0 Ratings
Mana
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

no I dont, these are residential lines.

My dad lives in a house.  I live in a house.  It is not a business line. 

0 Ratings
Mana
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

bah let me email Ian

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

"Now my dad runs a business that has a lot of BT lines. The business is paying for my current BT infinity install." That part of your post says it all
that clearly says you are a business customer
0 Ratings
Mana
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

do you run your own business? a business account can pay for a residential line. You are confusing the purpose of the line with the bank account that pays for it.

Its like me using my business credit card to buy something personal

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

yes i realise that so if the line is paid for by the business then it is the business forum and there moderator team who can help you no one here can help you
0 Ratings