cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sleepy0905
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

AAAAAHHHHHHH stupid youview box is driving me nuts ( Piece of C***)

Go to solution

I am officially now fed up with our youview box you have to turn it off and back on by the switch countless times a day you can only watch tv with it you cannot watch catchup or Netflix  The thing does its own think constantly locks up completely I am ready for taking into the garden and beating it to death we have checked it there are any software updated and there isnt we have rung and spoken to a technical assistant all with no luck, why is the box so so bad it is constantly doing this and when you have to switch it off by the switch the turn on and reboot takes between 5 and 10 minutes it is so so bad.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
OlgaC
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 14

Re: AAAAAHHHHHHH stupid youview box is driving me nuts ( Piece of C***)

Go to solution

Hi @sleepy0905

Let us take a look at this for you. Can you send in your details using the contact link in my profile and one of the team will be in touch as soon as they can. 

Cheers,

OlgaC 

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

How are you connecting this box to the Internet, please be specific in your reply.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @sleepy0905,

If you can give us as much detail on your setup as possible I'm sure we'll be able to help you. Can you answer @Jim-lad question?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
sleepy0905
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

Hi the Vision box is connected to the smarthub by ethernet cat 6 shielded lead, and to the tv with a gold contacts HDMI lead

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks for confirming that @sleepy0905.

Are you having any broadband connection problems? Have you checked your aerial is picking up all freeview channels?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
sleepy0905
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution
Yeh the antenna s fine and we are having no broadband problems we have spoken to bt about this problem and we was told to reset the box and do any updates but it has made no difference.
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks again @sleepy0905.

It's probably best if we take a closer look at this so if you haven't already done so send over your details using the link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

@sleepy0905 wrote:

Hi the Vision box is connected to the smarthub by ethernet cat 6 shielded lead, and to the tv with a gold contacts HDMI lead

Is the ethernet cable connected direct to your router or are you using Homeplugs?  BTW you don't need expensive HMDI leads. They are not like scart in this respect.  Tests have proved that a cheapo HDMI lead is just as good as one costing ten times as much.

I never spend more than a few pounds on mine and they have been ultra reliable. 

0 Ratings
sleepy0905
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

Sorry yes the ethernet is connected to the first ethernet port of the smarthub we wont use the Homeplugs as they cause to much interference on my ham radio equipment 

0 Ratings