Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnsteer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

ACCESS TO MY ACCOUNT

HELLO,

I HAVE TRANSFERED TO BT AS MY HOME PAGE PRIOR TO THIS I WAS ON BT YAHOO HOME PAGE

WHEN TRYING TO ACCESS MY ACCOUNT ON BT I CANNOT GET TO THE PAGE WHERE ONE CAN ACCESS VARIOUS PARAMETERS SUCH AS ADDING E- MAIL ADDRESSES OR CHANGING PASS WORDS. I HAVE TO GO TO BT YAHOO TO DO THIS, IS THIS FACILITY NOT YET AVAILABLE ON BT OR AM I MISSING SOMETHING.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: ACCESS TO MY ACCOUNT

you can access you email account from the new bt.com homepage but when you try remember if your btyahoo mail login is not the same as your bt id then you need to use the btyahho login and not the bt id.  I have tried it and it works just like I had signed into the btyahoo homepage.

please do not post in block capitals as it is difficult to read and is considered rude and shouting on the forum

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

If you want to get your BTYahoo account info via  MyBT log on, log on to email then hover your mouse over your name, where you log off and you will find a drop down box with My Account, Click on it to get to your BTYahoo account info.

0 Ratings
HHGTTG
Expert
Message 4 of 7

Yes, the BT.COM page is a bit confusing with respect to signing in for various purposes. The 'login' at the top right hand side requires one to use what used to be a 'username' and password that were setup when registering for a MYBT account, where you had to give your the account number that appears on your telephone bill etc. and these are the same as if one went straight to sign into MYBT. If I remember it is impossible to change the username or BT ID as it has now morphed into without re-registering again and I would imagine this would throw up all sorts of troubel if one entered those details including that telephone account number again with more logical and memorable passwords etc. (eg. the same as your BT email login details).

And again if you want to access your BT mail you must remember to enter your BT email address in whatever format you have plus your memorable password which is most probably NOT the same as when you registered for a MYBT account.

A right old mess, if you ask me. Hopefully these may be amalgamated into one set of login details eventually although I can't imagine how this would be achieved with the account section and the email section especially knowing how BT could **bleep** things up.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

You can change your log on user name and password to MyBT to anything you want. It does not need to be an email address unless you want it to be.

Log on and go to "My Profile" and you will be able to edit them. They can be the same as your email log on and password if you want. 

johnsteer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

hello all,

Please accept my apologies for shouting,

john

0 Ratings
brk1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Thats a correct answer gg30340, but that's what messed up my "MY BT" account in the first place, you can make yourself a very secure password for MY BT as you can use any combo of letters, numbers and punctuation marks, but the bt mail login will only let you use letters and numbers, no punctuation marks, or it would not let me use them, I would prefer logging into both accounts with the same stronger password ,rather than having to have a weaker password to be able to use the same pass for both accounts. I can't see why in this day and age you should be able to use any type you want, not be forced to "have to" include some certain character or letters and numbers etc etc

0 Ratings