cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

ADSL Filter Master Socket Configuration

I recently installed my Home Hub 4 incorrectly by connecting an ADSL filter to a BT Master Socket which did not require it. As a result I had an amber light and no connection and an unnecessary engineer visit. I cant see on the packaging ("4 easy steps") or manual where it tells me to not fit the ADSL filter in this instance. Did I miss this somewhere else?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: ADSL Filter Master Socket Configuration

was this a new home or had you not had broadband before that you did not recognise the openreach filtered master socket?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

Thanks. I did not recognise the socket as being filtered. My question is whether this is something that I missed on the instructions. i.e. " when plugging in the cable, use the ADSL filter. If the socket looks like xxx then it is a filtered master socket and no filter should be used." This seems so obvious that I am sure I must have missed the information but I have gone back and cannot see where it tells me this.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Had look online at instructions and all can see js the socket shown was a standard socket and your socket had 2 outlets which was different

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings