Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YetiWakes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

ADSL Max to ADSL2+ Automatic?

Hi

About a month ago I rang BT to cancel my contract as I was fed up with the constant connection issues on my line.  Anyway with a £10 a month extra discount they persuaded me to stay and informed me my exchange/cabinet would soon be upgraded to ADSL2+ and my speed would go from 8Mbs to approx 18Mbs as i'm only 700 feet from the exchange.

I'm not sure when it was done but i've checked today and I see the cabinet has indeed been updated but looking on my router status i'm still on 8Mbs downline speed.  It states G.992.1 Annex A which I believe is ADSL max and not ADSL2+?  Is this correct?  Do I have to upgrade or will this be an automatic migration?

Router stats as follows:

Downstream:7.938 Mbps
Upstream:448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:Fast
Noise margin (Down/Up):10.5 dB / 20.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):5.9 dB / 5.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up):13.8 dBm / 11.9 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):0 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up):18 / 1
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):6 / 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):18 / 1

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: ADSL Max to ADSL2+ Automatic?

The upgrade is automatic but it can take BT weeks or months after exchange upgraded before your will get notification of upgrade. Enter your phone number and post results. Remember to delete number. https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
YetiWakes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Not sure why you want me to check my number there, as I said in first post the cabinet has been updated and reporting as available for ADSL2+.  Was just wondering when I will migrate over to this service?  Both telephone customer service and an engineer from BT informed me it would be automatic as soon as enabled.

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

HighLowHighLow    

FTTC Range A (Clean)80682020--Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted)8061.32019--Available

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 17--10 to 19.5Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 17Up to 1.510 to 19.5Available
ADSL MaxUp to 8--7 to 8Available
Fixed Rate2----Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast------Available
Copper Multicast------Available
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Sorry but there are many posts on the forum asking to be upgraded as the automatic system is taking to long. As I said it is automatic but not necessarily as soon as exchange upgraded

the easiest way is help from the mods  and they will post contact us link tomorrow and see if they can get you upgraded. 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
OlgaC
Moderator-Retired
Message 5 of 8

Hi YetiWakes, 

Thanks for your post. Can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will be in touch to help with this.

Cheers,

OlgaC

0 Ratings
YetiWakes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Not sure why I am surprised but despite the regular's usual cry on here that BT will sort yet again for my problems they haven't?

I sent details to the Mod above as requested and received an automated receipt email.  However, I have heard nothing since then. To be fair on My BT it now shows an order in progress relating to my Broadband so something was actioned but it just says 'We're sorry, your order has not progressed as expected' with no further information on what's now going to happen?

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Unusual for mods not to contact you so gave asked them to update you - be tomorrow now

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 8 of 8

Hi YetiWakes,

Thanks for posting back!

I'm really sorry that you haven't received any word since sending over your details.  I'll make sure that this is picked up today and you'll be contacted this afternoon.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings