cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NeilO
Message 31 of 51

Re: ADSL Router Slow and Restarts

@GiveMeFive We'll be happy to help you with that, please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
GiveMeFive
Contributor
Message 32 of 51

Thanks imjolly and NeilO.  I've raised a ticket with the mods.  Your enquiry reference number: edited by mod

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 51

for your security please delete vol number

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
GiveMeFive
Contributor
Message 34 of 51

Thank you. BT called at a time when I wasn't around and spoke with my wife to say they will monitor line speed this week. They said they have seen speeds up to 14mbps which is strange because my numerous speed tests are consistently showing a top speed of 12.
0 Ratings
Message 35 of 51

That's probably because they're looking at line rates not actual speed tests.

0 Ratings
GiveMeFive
Contributor
Message 36 of 51

Thanks. Engineer and Hub stats both tell me my line is cab able of circa 19Mbps. Will try to be patient and wait to see what happens. I'm definitely only seeing 12 where I previously was seeing 14 to 15.5
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 51

if you get your noise margin down to normal 6db then that will incease your conenction speed nearer what you are looking for.  if your line is then stable with few errors then DLM may reduce noise margin down to 3db which will further increase your speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
GiveMeFive
Contributor
Message 38 of 51

Thanks imjolly. I'm not clear whether the SNR should come down to 6db of its own accord? Only means I have of seeing the SNR (I think) is in the hub stats produced if I restart the Hub, which I'm trying g to avoid doing to show its stable for 5 days.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 51

that was the reason I got mods involved so they will arrange for your noise margin to be reset back to normal 6db and all you need to do is remain conencted.  it will reset when mods reset noise margin.  getting noise margin down to 3db is done by DLM and normally for good stable conenction with few errors

0 Ratings
GiveMeFive
Contributor
Message 40 of 51

I've heard nothing further from the mods. The speed test within my BT iPhone app is constantly failing for the past week - could this have been disabled from running on my line? Speednet reports download speed still 12mbps max
0 Ratings