Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jtcotswolds
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

ADSL max query

I live in the deepest Highlands so am getting 0.5mb download speed

I am connected to Strathconon exchange (Exchange activate and EO connection)

There are currently no plans for fibre or any other upgrade to improve connectivity

The exchange apparently has ADSL & ADSL Max 

How do I know whether my phone line is using the ADSL or ADSL Max service?

Or does it make no difference to my service anyway?

Im'm trying to see if there are any exchange-related options before I go down the limited path to satellite broadband

thanks in advance for any advice (besides move home!)

John

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
SuperSajuuk
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 19

Re: ADSL max query

Your line is most likely on ADSL Max as when exchanges were enabled for that service, everyone was switched over. The old ADSL service is very rarely supplied (Fixed Rate) except in a few rare cases with exchanges which got upgraded with basic ADSL, but never upgraded to ADSL Max.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 19

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 19

Hi Welcome to the community forums
Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html
once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

if using a hub 4 locate these lines located in the hub logs
Lines should look like this
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.460000) DSL noise margin: 7.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.390000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 288 Kbps downstream

Thank You
This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings
jtcotswolds
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 19

Empty table displayed (headings but no data)

This line does not have left in jumpers.The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact the Broadband supplier they want to take service from to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Note: Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 19

was that result with a phone number entered
0 Ratings
jtcotswolds
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 19

yes

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 19

from exchnage checker your exchnage is adslmax enabled

try using your address instead of your phone number   you are a customer of BT Retail?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jtcotswolds
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 19

worked out how to display without my phone number

BT pic.png

0 Ratings
jtcotswolds
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 19