cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 48

Re: ADSL2+ Upgrade of Audlem Exchange (WMADM) very very disappointing

correct how ever BT now advertise download speed not connection speed as they did before that is the reason for the change
0 Ratings
tractorman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 48

Hi

Info I posted is by using the BT filtered faceplate, if I take this off and connect via a normal filter to the test socket the results are the same, slight loss of line sync speed at 568K vs 576K but nothing really diffferent.

Non of this really explains why I have been getting 1mb for past 2 years and now after the upgarde I'm on less than half that amount. I doubt whether it is anything to do with my internal wiring / setup as that has not changed, the only thing that has changed is the exchange upgrade.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 48

the problem at present is the higher noise margin at 10.8 instead of 6db.  you need to stay connected 24/7 for 3+ days to show a stable conenction then contact the mods to get noise margin rset to 6 which should give the speed increase you are looking for

contact mods

can take up to 3 working days for mods to contact you - maybe slightly longer at present due to a backlog

but need 3 days stable connection first

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
tractorman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 48

Thanks, connection has been stable for past 10-12 days untill I manually reset last night to try and improve things, I'll contact them and see what they say.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 48

you really need to be able to show the 3+ days connection before mods will reset your noise margin

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
KevG123
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 48

"if your attenuation is still 74db as in a previous post then ads2/2+ will never give you 16mb even 1.6mb would be really good"

I would kill for 1.6MbSmiley LOL

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 48

with 74db attenuation you probably would need to before you got 1.6mbSmiley Wink

0 Ratings
KevG123
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 48

I know...Smiley Very Happy

I'll let you know how it goes

Those nice mod folks are letting me have ago - should be enabled by tomorrow night

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 48

good  post details when you can

0 Ratings
tractorman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 48

Not sure if Mods have reset the line yet but it reset itself about 3.5 hours ago and now the noise margin is close to 6dB, however my sync speed with the exchange is still only 568K, and IP profile is still at 500K again less than half of what I was getting before the upgrade. Interestingly I'm getting a much higher upload than download on the same line??? Stats below:-

Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 03:36:19
Downstream:568.9 Kbps
Upstream:626.8 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.3 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):6.3 dB / 5.7 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):65.1 dB / 39.8 dB
Output power (Down/Up):16.8 dBm / 12.6 dBm