Output power (Down/Up)18.1 dBm / 1.8 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote)0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote)0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote)0 / 0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)0 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up)64097 / 0
HEC Errors (Down/Up)34877 / 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote)18996 / 0

Got upgraded from max to adsl2+ yesterday after a couple of hours speed settled around 10000 and hasn't moved,hub settings readout have also been pretty constant,will speed increase over the next few days ? A bit disappointed as expected faster was getting 6400+ on max.

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 22

Re: ADSL2+ Yesterday a bit disappointed.

Go to solution
Hi you are now in a 10 day line training period during which time your speed will change while the line stabilises at it's best possible speed looking at your hubstats you are already connecting at 12.2mb with your line attenuation I would expect about 13.5 to 14 mb when the line settles
Watkins247
Contributor
Message 3 of 22

Go to solution

Today connection has increased to 12940,noise on hub dropped to 4.4db,download speed very variable tonight 8100 earlier now up to 10500.IP profile seems to be fixed at 10830,been like it from the start and not varied at all.I'll give it another 8 days and see were i end up.Just have to be patient I guess.Thanks for help

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 22

Go to solution
Just a matter of letting the line training do its thing and please ensure you leave the hub powered up 24/7 with NO manual restarts for the ten days and you will end up with a good connection already looking good 12.9
0 Ratings
only1adg
Beginner
Message 5 of 22

Go to solution

Exactly the same issue for me. Changed on 27th from up to 8MB to up to 20MB. Since then my IP profile has be stuck on 7150kbs even though my connection is 12682kbs/1116kbs and has been since change. I'm happy with the connectivity speeds witha attenuation of 37/11 its about right. Its the real world download rate i'm after! Rang BT and got fobbed off with the 10 days story, even said it was 10 working days, what so the bots don't work Sat and Sunday? Its never gunna get higher whilst there is a 7 meg profile restricting it is it?!!!! Aghh...

Do we have BT mods on here, if so can they not sort something?

0 Ratings
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 22

Go to solution

Only1adg you can contact the mods using this link http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951 it seems to be a common problem with the IP profiles getting stuck on the old ADSL Max method.

Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 22

Go to solution
the mods will reply to you by either email or phone normally within 72 hours use the link in Edds post to contact them
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 22

Go to solution

If you moved to adsl 2+ on the 27th then yes you are still in the standard 10 day line training period and yes that does include weekends by the time you have contacted the mods and they have replied the 10 days will be over 

Highlighted
j-whitney
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 22

Go to solution

My exchange was ment to be done by the 31st of tyhe month just gone. But I dont think it has yet 😕 as soon as it is I will be on the phone to BT to get the higher speeds 🙂

Thanks
Message 10 of 22

Go to solution
JW, with you living next door to the exchange, you should be looking at 20mb + 😉