cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

ADSL2

I checked the Samknows website and it says that our town will get the '21CN WBC' upgrade on 31/07/2012, which hopefully means we should be able to get ADSL2 speeds of upto 24MB? 

I have checked the BT speed checker and its says our phone number should get 17MB, which indicates that the upgrade has already taken place?

However I am still only getting 6.5MB which I have been getting for serveral years, I have check the BT home hub status page, and the details appear to indicate that I am stilll on the standard ADSL profile.

Do you know if we would need to ring support to see if we can get out connection changed, or would they slowly roll it out to new existing customers?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: ADSL2

After the exchange has been upgraded to the "up to 16mb" speed, individual customers will eventually be transferred over to the new equipment, this can take many months.

Priority is usually given to new customers and those that re-contract.

If you could display your current ADSL stats   then forum members can tell you what service you are at the moment, and also give you some idea if you are likely to get a speed increase when your line is changed over.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

That explains it. Any estimated time for existing customers? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

you would normally receive an email from BT advising about the exchange upgrade and then your line could be upgraded to adsl2/2+ immediately/days/weeks/months after the email as lines are moved in batches and there is no way of telling which batch you are in.  some jump the queue and agree a new contract whereas waiting does not require a new contract

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings