Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
devonjem
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

ADSL2+

Hello

I have just sigend up for BT broadband and know that my exchange is configured for ADSL2+.  However according to my router my line is using GDMT (something like that) and my speed is very slow.  If the exchange i am using is configured for ADSL2+ then can my line be similarly configured?

thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: ADSL2+

Hi Welcome to the community forums
Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html
once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

if using a hub 4 locate these lines located in the hub logs
Lines should look like this
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.460000) DSL noise margin: 7.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.390000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 288 Kbps downstream

Thank You
This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Enter your phone number and post results. Remember to delete number. https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
devonjem
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Thanks John.

Op Mode - G.DMT

Upstream - 448

Downstream - 3040

SNR Up - 10.0

SNR down - 3.0

Line Attn up - 31.5

Line Attn down - 60.0

My line does not drop out and is stable.  When i was with another provider i was in a similar position - using GDMT but the exchange was ADSL2+ enabled.  That provider reconfigured my line to use ADSL2+ and speed went up alot.

thanks

0 Ratings
devonjem
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

imjolly - thanks for that.  I used that link and the results are -

WBC ADSL2+ - downstream line rate up to 2, downstream range 1.5-3

ADSL max - downstream line rate up to 2.5, downstream range 1-4

Am i correct to think that other providers to my address use the same line and will all offer more or less the same speed so it does not matter, from a speed point of view, who i use?

thanks

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

all ISPs apart from cable will use the same line from the exchange to your home but an LLU provider uses their own equipment in the exchange providing an adsl2 service  with your attenuation you currently have a very good speed and a change to adsl2 assuming possible will make very little difference to your conenction speed but it does bring a more aggessive system on line noise.  you should however get about 100% increase in up speed

your down margin currently is low at 3db as normal about 6db which is the reason for your speed being above the estimated

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings