Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 52

Re: ADSLMax Profile stuck?

Go to solution

the one thing you can see using the hh5 is the errors that are accumilating on your connection

are you still using an extension socket rather than the test socket?

after replying to the mods they must have made contact by now - what did they recommend?

no sure where you get the max line speed of 7150 but you line I would expect if you can get it stable and noise margin down to 6db I would expect about 7.5mb

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 52

Go to solution

have you tried running routerstats with hh5a as it will give better detailed information about your conenction

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Rob-Sharpe
Contributor
Message 33 of 52

Go to solution

Hi,

In answer to your questions in this and your previous reply.

No the Mods have not got in touch.

The results were achieved using my extension as I found that they do not differ significantly from when I last used the test socket.

The max speed of 7150 mbps that I mentioned came from the BTWholesale Speed Test result that I sent you. This has always been the figure on this test for as long as I can remember, although I have achieved sync rates of 7300 and above on my HH5, even when using my extension socket.

I am unable to use 'routerstats' as the latest version for an HH5 only supports a fibre link, not copper. Also, I use an Apple Mac with OSX which will not run routerstats.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 52

Go to solution

the 7.15mb is a standard on btspeedtster for people on adslmax and is not the max rate for your connection.

did you complete the email following the mod contact us link?  or did you send a PM as mods do not normally respond to PMs

only reason I ask about test socket is if you need engineer visit they will use the test socket and should the extension  wiring be deemed to be causing a problem then you will more than likely get charged the callout fee of £129.99

0 Ratings
Rob-Sharpe
Contributor
Message 35 of 52

Go to solution
I have now contacted via the mod link.

I am confident that my extension works well as it gives results similar to those achieved from the test socket. I am reluctant to keep switching to the test socket as it requires powering down my HH which invariably resets the service and I get enough of them already.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 52

Go to solution

that is up to you I am just trying to eliminate anything internal from causing the problem to avoid the callout charge of £129.99

0 Ratings
Rob-Sharpe
Contributor
Message 37 of 52

Go to solution

Lets wait and see what the moderator comes up with.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 52

Go to solution

I would expect it to end up with an engineer visit

0 Ratings
Rob-Sharpe
Contributor
Message 39 of 52

Go to solution

Hi,

The Openreach Engineer, called out by the Mod, checked my line on Thursday. Found everything OK after running a full spectrum of tests over a period of 30 minutes or so. In fact he was surprised that my exchange connected line (2 km) performed very well with so few errors recorded. Even his ADSL test equipment was syncing at a rate over 7.5 Mbps!

When he finished the tests my HH5 resynched (on my extension line) at 7.7 Mbps with a noise margin of 6.5 db!

Later that day DLM kicked in and overnight ratcheted my sync rate down to 4.8 Mbps and then back to 5.2Mbps with a noise margin of 15.2 db.

I think this result firmly puts the problem back into your court to fix this problem from your end. I have notified the Moderator who arranged the visit and am expecting a call soon to tell me how this problem will be fixed as it is now obvious that my line and extension is in no way at fault.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 52

Go to solution
"Into an extention"

What about in the test socket? Does the line remain connected when in the test socket?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings