the one thing you can see using the hh5 is the errors that are accumilating on your connection
are you still using an extension socket rather than the test socket?
after replying to the mods they must have made contact by now - what did they recommend?
no sure where you get the max line speed of 7150 but you line I would expect if you can get it stable and noise margin down to 6db I would expect about 7.5mb
have you tried running routerstats with hh5a as it will give better detailed information about your conenction
In answer to your questions in this and your previous reply.
No the Mods have not got in touch.
The results were achieved using my extension as I found that they do not differ significantly from when I last used the test socket.
The max speed of 7150 mbps that I mentioned came from the BTWholesale Speed Test result that I sent you. This has always been the figure on this test for as long as I can remember, although I have achieved sync rates of 7300 and above on my HH5, even when using my extension socket.
I am unable to use 'routerstats' as the latest version for an HH5 only supports a fibre link, not copper. Also, I use an Apple Mac with OSX which will not run routerstats.
the 7.15mb is a standard on btspeedtster for people on adslmax and is not the max rate for your connection.
did you complete the email following the mod contact us link? or did you send a PM as mods do not normally respond to PMs
only reason I ask about test socket is if you need engineer visit they will use the test socket and should the extension wiring be deemed to be causing a problem then you will more than likely get charged the callout fee of £129.99
that is up to you I am just trying to eliminate anything internal from causing the problem to avoid the callout charge of £129.99
I would expect it to end up with an engineer visit
The Openreach Engineer, called out by the Mod, checked my line on Thursday. Found everything OK after running a full spectrum of tests over a period of 30 minutes or so. In fact he was surprised that my exchange connected line (2 km) performed very well with so few errors recorded. Even his ADSL test equipment was syncing at a rate over 7.5 Mbps!
When he finished the tests my HH5 resynched (on my extension line) at 7.7 Mbps with a noise margin of 6.5 db!
Later that day DLM kicked in and overnight ratcheted my sync rate down to 4.8 Mbps and then back to 5.2Mbps with a noise margin of 15.2 db.
I think this result firmly puts the problem back into your court to fix this problem from your end. I have notified the Moderator who arranged the visit and am expecting a call soon to tell me how this problem will be fixed as it is now obvious that my line and extension is in no way at fault.