Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 41 of 52

Re: ADSLMax Profile stuck?

Go to solution
the DLM would only kick in if the connection disconnects multiple times or line errors start to climb rapidly the problem is with either the line or internal wiring has the bell wire been removed from terminal 3 of both the master socket and the extension socket this link explains more http://www.filesaveas.com/jarviser/bellwirenutshell.html
0 Ratings
Rob-Sharpe
Contributor
Message 42 of 52

Go to solution

Hi John,

Thanks for the idea but I think you are clutching at straws. The Openreach engineer checked evrything from my NTE5a master socket which is also fitted with a Mk III vDSL/ADSL Faceplate. This faceplate contains both a Phone and ADSL socket (i.e. it is fitted with its own internal filter which eliminates the need for each extension socket to have its own filter fitted). The 'solution' you sent me to specifically states that the fix should (need) not be done with this type of master socket configuration. My extension also has 2 sockets (vDSL/ADSL and Phone) each of which is supplied by separate twisted pairs from the Master socket.

You also seem to have overlooked the fact that my frequent disconnections (or resyncs) are actually caused by the DLM sending erroneous requests to my HH5. These errors are fully documented in my previous posts on this thread. The other fact that you have overlooked is that these 'erroneous' requests come in batches at specific times during a 24 hr period. These times do not vary by more than a few seconds each day. You should also note that these DLM problems only started to occur soon after I raised this thread about my stuck profile at the beginning of January. This followed a period of over 10 days when my HH5 was only sent valid requests which caused no problem whatsoever.

The reason I originally raised this thread was because my IP Profile appeared to be stuck at the 5.5 Mbps level when the HH5  sync date and noise difference indicated it should at least 6 Mpbs, which it had been for many months previously.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 43 of 52

Go to solution

did the engineer also check your conenction from your extension socket or just from the NTE5 master?  is your extension socket an actual master socket which you are treating as an extension socket?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Rob-Sharpe
Contributor
Message 44 of 52

Go to solution

The Openreach engineer checked the service my HH5 was getting from my extension and agreed that it was receiving similar to that achieved from his ADSL test obtained from the Master socket. He saw no reason to move my HH5 to the Master socket to prove the point. You will also be aware that I have run my HH5 from the Master socket for over 24 hrs just to prove this very point.

As pointed out in my previous post my extension socket is a 'dumb' socket fed direct from the faceplate on my Master socket. You will also be aware that the type of master socket I have together with the MkIII faceplate and its inbuilt filtering facilities provides the very 'latest and greatest' that BT currently offer in line termination units. 

I fail to see why, following a full signoff from an Openreach engineer who undertook a full set of tests on my line, we should embark upon this question and answer session about my extension!

I suggest we stop going around in circles repeating the same old tests over again and start looking for the source of the problem at the exchange end of the line. 

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 52

Go to solution
You indeed got a great speed, when the snr was reset to 6, as would the engineer in the test socket.

The difference is that the engineer got a snapshot of how the line was performing at that time. It's very possible that your internal wiring is adding errors to the line, forcing dlm to have no choice but to increase the noise marging to protect the integrity of the connection. As you're aware, the result of a higher noise margin, is lower sync speed.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 46 of 52

Go to solution

Which is still an Openreach issue if it is at the exchange end and however if you feel repeating checks and also checking for the removal of the bell wire (if fitted is a waste of time)

I fail to see how the community members can assist you further

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 47 of 52

Go to solution

as to the PPP disconnections I suggest you read the post made by SeanD on  page 25 of this link https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/PPP-LCP-Send-Termination-Request-User-reque...

0 Ratings
Rob-Sharpe
Contributor
Message 48 of 52

Go to solution

Thanks for the pointer.

I checked out this thread and was disappointed to note that this problem has been prevalent within the BT hubs for some years. It also appears that this 'disconnection' request was the result and not the cause of the problem. Nowhere was there any suggestion posted as to how this could be avoided.

I suggest you look at the following link on the forum to a prblem very similar to mine. This thread clearly identifies the cause but unfortunately no solution is evident - yet!

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Re-Daily-disconnections-due-to-quot-https-p...

If you refer back to my posts within this thread you will see that this is the problem I have been experiencing.

It is disappointing that BT, when presented with a situation that obviously points to timing defects within the Hub - DLM communication process, has not yet come up with a solution. 

0 Ratings
Rob-Sharpe
Contributor
Message 49 of 52

Go to solution

Openreach engineer visited agian to test line and found that its performance was still very good. Nevertheless, he tidied up the cabling in the junction box outside my property which had not been touched for many years. This resulted in my line sync rate going up to extremey good! Tested my line with the engineer on site and found that the delivery band-width was still set to 4Mb although the DSL sync rate suggested that I should get at least 6 Mb! Engineer checked line at the exchange end and performed a reset (his words). This resulted in my service delivering 6.2Mb and has now been working solidly at this rate for tha past 3 days. 

Problem fixed - I hope!

RobbieMac
Message 50 of 52

Go to solution

Hi @Rob-Sharpe

Thanks for coming back and confirming the solution! Smiley Wink

I tested your broadband before calling and your sync rate on the downstream is 8128kbps so it's max'd out!!  It's great to see that the speed has remained consistent over the last couple of days and everything looks good.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings