Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
matt020876
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 20

ALRESFORD, ESSEX

Go to solution

My local exchange wivenhoe (EAWIV) has been upgraded to FTC.  Yet I cant.  Ive checked the cabinet and it is part of the rollout plans - 1 cabinet serves 100% of the lones.  Yet i cant seem to get an upgrade date for love or money.....

Cabinet Probability Uplift Phase Status Type
P1100%13.778aPart of deploymentFTTC (Fiber to the Cabinet)

Exchange Information

Exchange Name Type Availability
EAWIVWIVENHOEFTTCJun-12

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Mark039
Contributor
Message 2 of 20

Re: ALRESFORD, ESSEX

Go to solution

@matt020876 wrote:

Yet i cant seem to get an upgrade date for love or money.....

It's doubtful that you will as the information isn't publicised. All you can do is keep an eye on your cabinet for the presence of a second, new one within a few metres of the old one and check the Infinity availability checker every day. Mine went from not available and no indication of when it might be, to available now, overnight.

0 Ratings
matt020876
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution
Thanks Mark - ill keep my eye out. However isnt it a disgrace that this data isnt publicised would tstop alot of people twittering and posting on here........
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution
Matt, Your deployment phase is around September time, so sit tight and hopefully some luck will roll your way 😉
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
matt020876
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

Thanks for the info AARONG but your the first person ive manged to get ahy info out of - how did you find that out?

I assume you are talking about the cabinet deployment as the exchange went active last week but alas mny cabinet didnt lol

Thanks again

0 Ratings
matt020876
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution

Nearly the end of sep and no sign of openreach or new cabinet works.......

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution
all you can do is keep checking
0 Ratings
microspud
Contributor
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

Hi Matt,

Good to see a local user on here. I live near Frinton so we were upgraded in June.

My experience was that they installed the smaller fibre cabinet next to the normal green cabinet in January this year. It then took until June.

I would take a look arround the streets near you to find your cabinet. If there are still no cabinet's then you will unfortunately be waiting a good few months more im afraid.

The other thing is they dont always install cabinets in the villages surrounding the exchange. For example where I am they have only partially done Walton. Kirby Le Soken and Great Holland so far have not been done at all 😞

However I read in the paper recently that the local council got involved and BT have agreed to extend the coverage shortly so it might be an idea to speak with your local parrish councillors and get some local action if no cabinets have appeared yet.

Good Luck.

Cheers,

Richard

0 Ratings
matt020876
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply Richard.

Yes ive spoke to my local councillor who tells me planning permission was granted in January.

there is only one old green cabinet serving all homes in Alresford and no sign of a new one next to it....

Guess its just a waiting game.  As you cans ee from post above Phase 8a which alresford was apprently on (and yourselves in Frinton) was due for september this year.

There are some sites with this info which was gained from leaked bt openreach data from 2010....

http://fttc-check.alc.im/

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution
dec 2011 actually
0 Ratings