Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matt020876
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 20

Re: ALRESFORD, ESSEX

Go to solution

New cabinet has appeared though empty at the moment.

Also a date  of 31stDec has appeared on the line speed checker through BT.

0 Ratings
DecayingNation
Beginner
Message 12 of 20

Go to solution

What cabinet would that be, Matt? The only green cabinet I've been able to find in Alresford is on the corner of Coach Road and Laxton (here http://goo.gl/maps/hhGyU ). It even says 1/2 on it which leads me to believe there are two cabinets for the whole of Alresford. There's no sign of road works here so I don't think it has been replaced as you suggest. From cruising around on Street view I've found like 2 or 3 other older cabinets but I'm not sure if they're owned by BT or for electricity. Certainly engineers I've spoken to suggest that the cabinets are woefully outdated.

Some postcodes on the Wivenhoe side of the village show that fiber is available and people in the village confirm that the Station Road area can already obtain fiber. While the Thorington side is still awaiting roll out.

BT's infinity website seems to suggest that cabinet P1 is going to be available in May sometime, but this isn't a firm date and has already been pushed back a number of times if I'm not mistaken. The map seems to suggest that it will be placed in St. Andrew's close behind the church, which to me doesn't seem like a strategically sound decision- but I'm not a urban planner. Hopefully the other side of the village will get it some day.

From trying to find out about planning permission in the village I've been unable to find anything on the Tendring website, and being Alresford the Parish Council's website just straight up doesn't work. Any attempt to e.mail them has bounced.

http://www.alresfordpc.com/ village money well spent!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 20

Go to solution

Hi

Looking at the markings on the green box, that is a secondary connection point (ie scp 2 off pcp1) There will prob be another box somewhere in the village/town.

Have to tried your phone number in the BT Wholesale checker HERE//

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
DecayingNation
Beginner
Message 14 of 20

Go to solution

I'm not on a BT line but using the address checker I get the following: not looking very promising to me, openreach enquiries previously said May 2013. Guess I'll stop holding my breath..

Fibre Multicast------31-Mar-14
WBC FTTCUp to 22.6Up to 5.4--

31-Mar-14

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 15 of 20

Go to solution

The dates were moved back to whole planning of all the cabinets it will more than likely go live around may providing they don't hit anymore problems. That is the very latest date you expect it, it's a lot more likely you will get it way before that.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
DecayingNation
Beginner
Message 16 of 20

Go to solution

Thanks Ryan, but I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 17 of 20

Go to solution

He guessed.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 18 of 20

Go to solution

@Devon_Dave wrote:

He guessed.

No, you can read it on the Openreach website.

It's in the FAQ.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
DecayingNation
Beginner
Message 19 of 20

Go to solution

"Fibre optic broadband is estimated to be in your area between October 2013 and March 2014"

Wonderful. Placeholder dates again. I give up.

0 Ratings
matt020876
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 20

Go to solution

I now have BT infinity - 37.8 MB.

Even though id registered for the email to be notified when infinty was available I received no word at all.  I just happened to check one day last week and wohay it was available!

So ive gone from 1.9mb to 37.8.....very happy!

Matt

0 Ratings