Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

AMC IPC6023 error

Go to solution
Going around in circles. Amc did not work for us last week on launch after over an hour on phone with Indian call centre was told it was a bt server issue.

The next day it was working fine.

Today and last night (recordings failed) it's not working again. We get ipc6023. I've rebooted everything twice and have concluded my network is working great.

On the youview box I can watch netflix iplayer perfectly fine. But channel 332 amc fails with ipc6023 everytime.

We have a home hub 4 and I've tried connecting youview box wired, homeplug and wireless bridge to router no difference.

I don't have the patience to call tech support again and go through the turn it off and on again shenanigans.

I've tried the rtp thing with vlc and doesn't seem to work if that helps...

Help please

Shaun
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: AMC IPC6023 error

Go to solution
Additional info:

I have bt infinity fibre to cabinet.

Internet works great.

All apps on youview box even bt catch up works but amc reports the error code
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

We have similar problem with AMC displaying black screen with the IPC6023 error.

BT Sport channels all work, as do the catchup/ondemand

Using standard broadband.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution
OK so after a bit more googling...

I am using a wireless bridge tplink I specifically bought because homeplug were giving me errors in netflix. The wifi streaming is now excellent not had a single dropout or buffering issue since changing over.

It sounds like multicast over wifi might be the issue?

The router is a bt supplied home hub 4 which I've read does not support multicast over wifi. Is that true?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
I'd appreciate some technical support as I've spent dozens of hours trying to resolve this as well as money assuming it was my fault.

Bt phone support was a waste of time...
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
Only way I could get mine to work was a cat5 Ethernet cable directly from youview box into home hub.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution
I can't do that and don't see why I should have to. Bt advertised hub as most reliable wifi available and yet it is not compatible with their own TV service...?

What's the answer bt?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution
Take your youview box into the room where your hub 4 is, and plug an Ethernet cable in to check that it works. If you still get ipc6023 error then you will know that it is a line fault. I had same problems and had to drill holes through 2 bedroom walls and run a 20metre Ethernet cable to get mine working. Wife is still not talking to me. Lol
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

@shaunpurdy wrote:

The router is a bt supplied home hub 4 which I've read does not support multicast over wifi. Is that true?

If it did, it would totally overload the wireless network and make it unusable Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution
Seems like live Internet channels don't work on WiFi.

Least I now know.

Netflix is better over wifi for me so I'll just stick with using bt catchup. Much less hassle.

Thanks all
0 Ratings