Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 256

Re: Infinity 1 speed cap increase

@Pongo wrote:

I'll await the rumoured free upgrade all round.

I've just been reading about the new price hikes from BT on ISPreview, coming this July. It seems as part of this increase in price, "existing BTInfinity 1 (FTTC) customers with a download speed of up to 38Mbps will now be offered a “free speed boost” to 52Mbps." according to the article, and seems to corroborate with a similar piece I've read on Ars Technica.

Article link: http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2016/04/uk-isp-bt-unveils-home-broadband-phone-price-hikes-2016...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 256

Re: ANOTHER above inflation price increase from BT.

When I called BT, I was told that unlike Sky, who do 2 a year, BT only do one !

Everyone is affected too, even if you just started your contract.

To pay for BT Sport I would assume.

This rise will anger some of the people that have just left Sky, because of their price rise to pay for Sky Sports and just joined BT.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 256

Sky do their TV rises in June and their broadband/phone later, usually September.

BT seem to be doing them every 10 months. ( http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2016/04/uk-isp-bt-unveils-home-broadband-phone-price-hikes-2016... )
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 14 of 256

Isn't the free speed boost only available if you contract in for another 12/18 months?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 256

Presumably as BT have significantly altered the terms of the contract with their customers, anyone who wishes to leave can do so without penalty?

Of course they do then have to try and find a viable alternative

I can't see BT being too happy about loosing customers to whom they have just 'given' a fairly expensive piece of hardware though!

(My new contract with them started just 14 days ago!)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 256

@Montala wrote:

Presumably as BT have significantly altered the terms of the contract with their customers, anyone who wishes to leave can do so without penalty? Yes, that has always been the case.

Of course they do then have to try and find a viable alternative

I can't see BT being too happy about loosing customers to whom they have just 'given' a fairly expensive piece of hardware though! You have not been given it. If you check your Terms and Conditions, which I'm sure you will have done before you signed up, you will see that payment has been deferred for the period of your contract after which it becomes your property. If you cancel before the term of your contract you have to hand the equipment back or you will be charged for it.

(My new contract with them started just 14 days ago!)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 256

Haven't read this entire topic.

Anyway, will prices stay fixed for the duration of those still in contract?

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer click the ratings star on the left-hand side. If the reply answers your question, mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 256

Nope - price changes are for everyone.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 256

Okay, well at least one can cancel their contract due to price hikes.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer click the ratings star on the left-hand side. If the reply answers your question, mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 256

When I called BT, I was told the price rise is for all, new contracts and old.

0 Ratings