cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 256

Re: ANOTHER above inflation price increase from BT.

Line rental will not change, as you paid a year upfront, but its likely that the rest of the package wiil increase in proportion.

Your package will consist of broadband and calls at the standard rate. And a discount which brings it down to £10.

I would expect that you would see the same increase as everyone else, for the broadband and calls element only.

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 32 of 256

Well I think this is the straw that breaks my back and after all my life  with BT if I can cancel my contract I am off to cheaper pastures

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 33 of 256

BT normally provide a web page where you can enter your account number and it will show how both the full price and any current discount for your broadband and calls package will change. There is normally a link provided in the e-mails or letters.

In the past for me they have increased both the full price and the discount by a similar percentage (though sometimes things are rounded up or down a bit). The general effect was an increase in the overall total I paid by a similar percentage. We will have to see exactly what the details state this time though.
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 34 of 256

When will the emails go out ? And can you cancel from receiving it ?

What's the procedure if you wish to leave but migrate to another provider ?

BT Sport free..............lol
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 35 of 256

I'd like to know that as well

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 36 of 256

Here you go. check your price increase

Stew

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 37 of 256

When will the emails go out ? And can you cancel from receiving it ?

Emails start going out now but loads of people never seem to receive them like when bt lost the fox channel. Yes you can cancel.

What's the procedure if you wish to leave but migrate to another provider ?

You have to phone BT and tell them you wish to leave penalty free due to price rise. ( If you can I would record the conversation with BT). Then you contact another provider, sign up and the new provider will take care of the switch over.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 38 of 256

I like having a home phone but with BT taking on BT SPORT, the prices are over the top now. As I rarely use it, I've now got to the stage where it is too expensive to keep. I'm changing to virgin broadband with no phone. My infinity 1 will be £26pm which I wouldn't mind if I didn't have to get a phone line. Phone £18.99, calls £8.50, caller display £1.75. Over £29pm for a service that according to a survey on moneysavingexpert most people rarely use but are forced to take.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 39 of 256

@StewM wrote:

Here you go. check your price increase

Stew

Thank you very much for the link... it is just what a lot of folk have been looking for.

Give that man a star! 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 40 of 256

Thanks for the link StewM. I just looked it up and my Infinity 2 is going up nearly £3 a month and thats me still getting a sort of discount.

The unlimited evening and weekend call add on is going up by 30p.

Line rental will go up by £1. The cost of line rental is becoming a joke as we are lucky if we make near £5 worth of calls every 3 months or so.

If it was not for the fact that we need a phoneline to use other services. EG Infinity, BT TV and Netflix and that the phoneline is a good back up if mobile network ever plays up I would get the phoneline taken out.

Darren

0 Ratings