cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidmridge61
Expert
Message 61 of 256

Re: ANOTHER above inflation price increase from BT.

@rscott I believe that Sky's last two increases were within 10 months.

0 Ratings
Montala
Aspiring Expert
Message 62 of 256

Re: Price Rise 2016?

Thanks for the replies guys... I hadn't atually realised that any other organisation had their own independant network... other than the cable providers of course... and then I realised we were talking about Hull! Smiley Embarassed

Perhaps I should have done a bit of 'Googling' first! 😉

0 Ratings
Montala
Aspiring Expert
Message 63 of 256

Sorry post deleted, as it apeared in the wrong place!

0 Ratings
Montala
Aspiring Expert
Message 64 of 256

@gg30340 wrote:

@Montala wrote:

@stuartrogerson wrote:

Thank you. Phoned got a really good keep me deal so stayed

Any chance you could tell us what you were offered... or do you think they know who you are? 😉

What do you mean by that comment? If it is that you think because stuartrogerson is a member of this forum that he will get a better deal than anybody else rest assured that it will have had absolutely no impact on BT. The forum members, no matter what their status on the forum get no "deals" or "preferential" treatment what so ever. They are all just customers like everybody else.

For Pete's sake. lighten up a bit... I did put a 'wink' afterwards, and I do realise that we are all 'in the same boat' so to speak!

davepa
Contributor
Message 65 of 256

So we can ring and move now ?

Is it is as easy as saying you don't accept the increased charges and does this get you out of everything tv , phone and broadband ?

I only have three months left of my current contract but will use this to move earlier.

0 Ratings
rscott
Aspiring Expert
Message 66 of 256

@davidmridge61 last TV rise was June 2015. This year's is June too. Before that they were in September for quite a few years - the Sep 2014 + June 2015 were just under the 10% allowed in the contract, I think.
0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 67 of 256

@rscott wrote:
@davidmridge61 last TV rise was June 2015. This year's is June too. Before that they were in September for quite a few years - the Sep 2014 + June 2015 were just under the 10% allowed in the contract, I think.

There was a a TV rise in September 2015  and the current BT tariff guide shows some package price rises that became effective on 16th April 2016. I 'm not aware of any 10% allowed  increase in the contract. - I suspect that is a myth. Another myth is that price rises only occur once a year
0 Ratings
davidmridge61
Expert
Message 68 of 256

As I thought the last two Sky price increases were 9 months apart before the next one due in June.
0 Ratings
rscott
Aspiring Expert
Message 69 of 256

@zulu17 davidmridge61 and I were commenting on the frequency of Sky's price changes. They do have a contractual term allowing a rise of up to 10% in a 12 month period.

Sky had rises Sept 2013, Sept 2014, June 2015 and now June 2016.

BT had January 2014, December 2014, September 2015 and now July 2016.

Sky seem to have switched to annual increases and BT settled on every 10 months.
0 Ratings
davepa
Contributor
Message 70 of 256

Infinity 1 for £18 ? It's advertised at £10.99 for new customers.

**Edited**

0 Ratings