cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 211 of 256

Re: ANOTHER above inflation price increase from BT.

@contad When you say 'desired' recontract date, what do you mean? They normally start my recontract date the day after the phone call. Do you mean that I could have started the new contract from when I thought that my current was ending on the 25th June?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 212 of 256

Previous post was for @ conrad.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 213 of 256

Basically Yes. I rang on the 14th and recontracted from the 10th June so that it is reasonably close to my LRS renewal on the 19th June.

You do have to tell them that is what you want though.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 214 of 256

Nice one. My LRS renewal date is in September so I am a month further away from that now. I will remember that you can recontract from your contract end date when I renew next year. Quite happy to be paying less for more sooner this year though.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 215 of 256

I give up. Renewed my broadband and calls contract earlier this week (contract due to end on 24th June 16). Confirmed that my privacy with caller display would renewed as well. This was confirmed and I rang back to double check that it had been with another person. This was also confirmed in a 'personal' e-mail of my new contract details because the automated e-mail never arrived. I then received an automated e-mail tonight to say that my offer for privacy with caller display was ending on 24th June and asking if I wanted to renew. Assumed (wrongly) that the e-mail and my new deal had 'crossed'. Just got off the phone from the options team to say that my privacy with caller display had not been renewed earlier in the week and could not now be backdated so my contractscare a couple of days out of synch again 😞

What went wrong? Why do I have to micro manage BT, Sky and nPower and it still goes wrong???
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 216 of 256

If you have Anytime Calls it says that one of the features is 'BT Privacy with Caller Display at no extra charge'. Why do you need to renew it then? It reads like it should be included in the addition cost for Anytime Calls. Sorry, I am just having another rant.
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 217 of 256

It actually works in your favour if caller id ends after the recontract date because next year when you ring up prior to the contract ending you are able to request a similar end date but can leave the caller id until that order clears - the reason is that the caller id contract period is triggered on the day you make the request to recontract as it doesn't seem that the system can cope with it being delayed for some reason. This is what caused me a slight headache as I have had to cancel mine whilst I wait for my order to clear on the 10th when I can then reorder it with my LRS, if I didn't I had the choice of it running from the 14th May so a month out of synch or paying for approx a third of a month. It's never simple with BT.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 218 of 256

I finally got an email from BT Thursday evening about the BT price rises. The email said changes gto your BT services and listed all the services that was going up in price.

Then email said if you have a BT service thats not listed about then there will be no change in price.

As as my BT TV service was not listed I take it thats staying the same price with the £7.50 a month discount.

Im to contect BT end of Janurary or all discounts will end and I will be paying the full price for the BT services.

Darren

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 219 of 256

@conrad. Is your Privacy and Caller Display rising to £6.50 on your contract start date or 3rd July. They told me that it would be the later date.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 220 of 256

@davidmridge61 wrote:
@conrad. Is your Privacy and Caller Display rising to £6.50 on your contract start date or 3rd July. They told me that it would be the later date.

BT Privacy with Caller Display is £1.75 or free if you contract for a year: http://home.bt.com/news/bt-life/get-bt-privacy-with-caller-display-free-11363844996657

Definately not £6.50.

0 Ratings