cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 221 of 256

Re: ANOTHER above inflation price increase from BT.

oops, I mean't Anytime Calls!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 222 of 256

@davidmridge61 wrote:
@conrad. Is your Privacy and Caller Display rising to £6.50 on your contract start date or 3rd July. They told me that it would be the later date.

From the 3 July because technically I haven't recontracted that element, I just let it roll over.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 223 of 256

Hi, I am a new customer, joined over a month ago and paying £10 for Infinity 1 for 12 months, my price will rise to £11 from 3rd July but been offered a 'unique offer' which puts me back at £10 a month for Infinity 1 through an email from BT a few days ago.

I haven't accepted it yet as I wasn't sure if this would affect my Quidco Cashback from being confirmed and my BT £100 Visa reward card I got offered when I signed up. Yet to receive either of these.

Does anyone know if I choose to accept the new offer will my reward card be declined and cashback declined for accepting a new offer?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 224 of 256

No they will not be affected. You got them as a new customer. You have now re-negotiated your contract because of the price rise. Two different things.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 225 of 256

@gg30340 wrote:

No they will not be affected. You got them as a new customer. You have now re-negotiated your contract because of the price rise. Two different things.

Thanks for that, I'm happy that the BT reward card will be honoured but not so sure about Quidco. I contacted Quidco and the agent told me to wait until my cashback is payed before I accept the new offer as It may affect the conidtions of BT confirming it. However, the Quidco cashback estimated payment date is 18th July but BT have only given me to the 2nd July to accept the new offer.

Is there anyway I can contact a mod here and get them to look into it and assure me that if I accept the new offer I will still get my cashback?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 226 of 256

Why would you risk losing quidco cashback and a £100 card for the sake of saving £1 per month and being tied to a new 12 month contract?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 227 of 256

It can not affect anything. You agreed a contract with BT that offered the cash back deals etc. This deal was offered to you because you were a new customer. It was to entice you to take out a package with BT. You have entered into that contract. That contract has started and is running therefore BT have to abide by it as do you.

You are now re-negotiating how much you pay in that contract at the invite of BT because they have increased the price of the package that you agreed to.  

If you did not want to agree to the price rise or re-negotiate how much you pay you would be free to leave the contract without penalty and BT would still have to honour the cash back deals as it formed a part of the initial contract.  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 228 of 256

"You are now re-negotiating how much you pay in that contract at the invite of BT..."

I would see it more as that the original contract is being cancelled and replaced by a new contract, at a lower price and with a new minimum contract term. Depends exactly how BT do it behind the scenes I suppose.

While I agree that BT should honour the original card and cashback, I can see davgille7's point. Is it worth possibly causing problens with obtaining £150? of perks just to save £1 per month? Plenty of other customers have reported issues with the cashback and card processing. The system can throw a wobbly at times.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 229 of 256

If it throws a wobbly the OP can make a complaint. BT can not renege on the original cashback deal. It is part of a binding contract that started as soon as the OP's package went live. It matters not a jot what you call the new deal the OP negotiates, the first contract stands.

If the OP canceled his contract after say 3 months, other than pay the 9 months worth of cancellation fees would he have to pay back the cash back deal? No he wouldn't because it is given as a sweetener to get you to agree to the contract as a new customer. So what is the difference here?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 230 of 256

@gg30340

I wasn't questioning any of that, and said I agreed with that. But the customer might not wish to risk upsetting the system/process by changing contract before the cashback and card claims have been processed and confirmed. They might not think £1 a month is worth all the potential hassle of the complaint resolution procedure if it causes issues.

I admire your confidence in the ability of the BT and Quicdco computerised systems to handle such a contract change without issue though. 🙂
0 Ratings